Week 16 GDT

Blackstar12

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

But Herbert has been a top 10 qb, so not sure how it's laughable, at all.

Yes, but I’m saying putting Herbert in the Top 10 after one season is dumb, especially as a Rookie. Same as people putting Lamar as Top 5 last year, dumb as can be. DC’s have a full year of tape on Lamar this year and the regression has been night and day.  Barely a Top 15 QB (talking purely this season). 

Same could happen to Herbert next year. I don’t think it will, but it absolutely could. 

You need consistency, minimum two great seasons, to be ranked that high. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

But Herbert has been a top 10 qb, so not sure how it's laughable, at all.

Herbert is an awesome rookie QB which is about the best you can ask for your 6th overall pick who was the 3rd QB taken.

I don't think any GM that had Hebert right now would trade him away for either Tua or Burrow straight up.

Great pick, lets see how he develops and how the team is built around him.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

Yes, but I’m saying putting Herbert in the Top 10 after one season is dumb, especially as a Rookie. Same as people putting Lamar as Top 5 last year, dumb as can be. DC’s have a full year of tape on Lamar this year and the regression has been night and day.  Barely a Top 15 QB. 

Same could happen to Herbert next year. I don’t think it will, but it absolutely could. 

You need consistency, minimum two great seasons, to be ranked that high. 

Ok but we aren't talking about body of work or proven. Talking about who has played as top 10 qbs this year. No regard for last year or future projections.

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I just watched a Lamar interview earlier today. He wants to be a 32 year old Cam Newton.

Asked if he still had to improve as a passer or what about haters saying he was not a good passer yet he said he's gonna do what he does because it works.

Good luck with that going forward.

He let all the praise get to his head. He's not good like that, he should've kept working to get better.

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Ok but we aren't talking about body of work or proven. Talking about who has played as top 10 qbs this year. No regard for last year or future projections.

Purely this year Herbert had a Top 10 QB season. I agree with you. That doesn’t make him a Top 10 QB. 

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Becareful who sees that "progressive" word on here.  

As long as we aren't talking politics, I don't see an issue with saying that he likes someone because they share similar political views or supports similar causes. We just don't need to go deeper into it

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

So if the Rams lose out, and cardinals and bears win next week, Rams are out, right?

Yes, Rams and Browns might have the two biggest meltdowns we have seen in a while. And the SAME year...

I think Rams will win next week though and Cards are out. But I do think the Browns will complete their meltdown. It’s the Browns. 

• Like 1