#2 Clemson VS #3 Ohio State: Sugar Bowl

cortes02

Who Wins 2021 Sugar Bowl  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins 2021 Sugar Bowl

• Clemson
    • Ohio State

8 hours ago, Raves said:

Clemson has had to win less games than the Saints just to make it into the Playoffs, let alone how many games they would need to win to make a championship game, let alone win it.  Oh and Clemson has had the benefit of beneficial officiating... Saints could've won it several times if not for complete crap officiating.  Oh how often have the Bucs been in the playoffs in the time Clemson last won a title?

They're both the most disliked in their respective sports

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Herbert's NFL success doesn't factor into college play. We'll have our opportunity to watch both plenty in the NFL in the future. Lawrence was easily the better college player.

Fields has him beat in mobility. Trevor has every bit the arm. Lawrence is the better prospect.

Lawrence had more success for sure. In terms of being a better QB prospect I think that’s securely up in the air. It’s not like Herbert landed in a great situation. He’s got a mediocre HC and a mediocre OL. 

28 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I couldn’t have been more wrong lol

Clemson getting beat constantly deep last night was very eye opening 

It’s because Ryan Day >>>>>> Brent Venables

He did similar stuff last year, but we had guys making huge mental mistakes. He knew what Venables liked to do. For example, when we would randomly snap the ball with 10 seconds still on the play clock. That wasn’t a coincidence.

4 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Lawrence had more success for sure. In terms of being a better QB prospect I think that’s securely up in the air. It’s not like Herbert landed in a great situation. He’s got a mediocre HC and a mediocre OL. 

Lawrence is considered a generational QB prospect. Herbert wasn't a top 5 pick. It's not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Lawrence is considered a generational QB prospect. Herbert wasn't a top 5 pick. It's not.

A lot of that is circumstance. Herbert was surrounded with poop, Lawrence has been surrounded by elite talent since he touched the field. I’m saying with revisionist history, Herbert was clearly a way better prospect than given credit for.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

A lot of that is circumstance. Herbert was surrounded with poop, Lawrence has been surrounded by elite talent since he touched the field. I’m saying with revisionist history, Herbert was clearly a way better prospect than given credit for.

If we look at it that way, with hindsight, Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes were the best QB prospects of all time because of what they became in the NFL, and Russell Wilson was a better QB prospect than Andrew Luck. But that's not really how it works. You evaluate the play they put on film, you evaluate their likelihood of success, and you make the call. Some guys pan out better than expected. Some guys pan out worse than expected. Some guys pan out as expected.

Andrew Luck wasn't the generational prospect he was because he was guaranteed to be the GOAT. He was a generational prospect because he looked as close to a guarantee as there is to be a top 10 QB. And he ended up being exactly that. The fact that Russell Wilson became a better QB doesn't make him a better prospect. It simply makes him a better NFL player.

I don't know if Lawrence will be better than Herbert in the NFL, but I do know he's a better prospect. He's a safer pick who has better film. Lawrence may not even be the best QB in this draft class. There are other guys in the class who are extremely talented. But he's a safe pick, who is very talented himself, and looks as close to a lock as you can get to be a top 10 QB in the future. That's what makes him the best prospect, even if he may not have the highest ceiling. (Because who can really say what each guy's ceiling is.)