Week 17 Games

Leader

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

In the offseason, I predicted 6-10.  I started drinking some Kook-aid as the season approached and began to believe as other Vikings fans that they could get up to 10 wins.  Then, with that rough start I figured they may go in the tank and Mike Zimmer may even lose the team.  To his credit, that didn't happen.  Congratulations on your prediction.

It's not even about being right or wrong.  NFL General is full overreactions and this is a prime example of it.  For his career, Kirk Cousins is 50-51-2.  He's a .500 QB.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's not even about being right or wrong.  NFL General is full overreactions and this is a prime example of it.  For his career, Kirk Cousins is 50-51-2.  He's a .500 QB.

It was possibly an overreaction, but I admit there was probably a good amount of wishful involved too.  We were going into the season without Danielle Hunter and Michael Pierce.  We had two rookie CBs, and we had traded Stephon Diggs.  We did draft Jefferson, but I don't think there were too many people who saw him becoming the best rookie WR in the league. 

My prediction may have been wrong, but I wouldn't say after a 1-5 start that it was so outrageous that reading the thread "will never get old."  That's a bit of an overreaction too, IMHO.

Edited by Uncle Buck

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

It was possibly an overreaction, but I admit there was probably a good amount of wishful involved too.  We were going into the season without Danielle Hunter and Michael Pierce.  We had two rookie CBs, and we had traded Stephon Diggs.  We did draft Jefferson, but I don't think there were too many people who saw him becoming the best rookie WR in the league. 

But I mean realistically, did you truly believe the Vikings were anywhere near the Jaguars or Jets as far as being devoid in talent?  I mean, even in a worst case scenario it was hard to see the Vikings winning less than 5 games.  There was enough talent on offense to get them a few wins.