Week 17 Games

Leader

8 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

When you put in a guy who ends up with a passer rating of 15 in the 4th?

Do you honestly believe you could find 5 people in the NFL who believe that under any circumstance other than injury putting Sudfeld in for Hurts increases the chance of winning a game?

Apparently there were pre-game articles saying Sudfeld was going to play the second half so this is probably even less of an issue than it looks like.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leader said:

I dont buy the "We wanted to evaluate our talent" story. Nope. Sorry. Thats lame. Sudfeld's been with the team since 2017. If they havent figured him out by now......shame on them.

None of us buy it, but pretense is preferable to denial in this situation.

Philly quit on the Bengals game going for a tie rather than trying to win it so their effort this past Sunday didn't surprise me at all. As someone who lives in South Jersey, I've gotta say that Philly fans will give up on their teams very quickly. They thought this team was done after Pittsburgh beat them.

I still disagree with you guys.  Hurts was not getting the job done.  He was 1-3 as a starter, and the Eagles are 1-4 in games where he threw the ball more than 10 times.  He had a 6:4 TD:INT and fumbled 8 times, losing 2, on the season.  This is a player that needs a LOT of work.  He was playing poorly, and they have another QB that they want to evaluate.  It didn't work out.  You found out that Sudfeld is not good enough.

Quick aside, want to see a cap nightmare? Look at the Eagles 2021 cap...  Yikes! At least the Saints have Brees retiring, and some guys that they can cut without a higher dead cap hit than keeping the guy.  Eagles look boned.

51 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I still disagree with you guys.  Hurts was not getting the job done.  He was 1-3 as a starter, and the Eagles are 1-4 in games where he threw the ball more than 10 times.  He had a 6:4 TD:INT and fumbled 8 times, losing 2, on the season.  This is a player that needs a LOT of work.  He was playing poorly, and they have another QB that they want to evaluate.  It didn't work out.  You found out that Sudfeld is not good enough.

Quick aside, want to see a cap nightmare? Look at the Eagles 2021 cap...  Yikes! At least the Saints have Brees retiring, and some guys that they can cut without a higher dead cap hit than keeping the guy.  Eagles look boned.

They honestly should just bomb 2021, regardless of the cap hits, and reset afterwards. Trade Wentz, regardless of dead cap hit. Trade/cut anyone not getting it done with higher hits and move on.