BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Can't release someone who has locked status, which includes FAs signed in the prior season. 

Tebow can be released once the season ends because he'll be a free agent who hasn't played in over a year. The rule is that you can release players with no penalty who are: 

1. Free agents; and 

2. Haven't played in a game for over one year. 

FYI you can actually release anyone who isn't "locked", however if they aren't a sub-500 cut, you need to eat the salary for the remaining years on the contract. The only gain is freeing up a roster spot.

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 1

I'm working on cleaning up the team roster tabs in the workbook, while doing so I figured it could use an update with the design.  Could you guys let me know if this version works for you guys.?

• I used Anchorage Trappers for this sample, making a copy of the sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HAj07vCoa_nY2M49a5Te1Qpk-H06AuoQQp6MsAUUIRs/edit#gid=32441151

@Scoundrel / @WFLukic / @Pickle Rick / @Blue / @Ragnarok / @Jlash / @MD4L / @wwhickok / @pheltzbahr / @PR / @RuskieTitan / @rackcs / @EaglesPeteC / @bcb1213 / @RedGold / @SirA1

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

I'm working on cleaning up the team roster tabs in the workbook, while doing so I figured it could use an update with the design.  Could you guys let me know if this version works for you guys.?

• I used Anchorage Trappers for this sample, making a copy of the sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HAj07vCoa_nY2M49a5Te1Qpk-H06AuoQQp6MsAUUIRs/edit#gid=32441151

@Scoundrel / @WFLukic / @Pickle Rick / @Blue / @Ragnarok / @Jlash / @MD4L / @wwhickok / @pheltzbahr / @PR / @RuskieTitan / @rackcs / @EaglesPeteC / @bcb1213 / @RedGold / @SirA1

Very cool, I like it.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Any additional content that you would like added to the team sheets, or any sheets really?  Got a few days to work on this before I head back to my mock stuff.

Not that I can think of right now. I like the addition of the rookie cap values though.

Just now, Jlash said:

Not that I can think of right now. I like the addition of the rookie cap values though.

Thanks... Was thinking about inserting youtube hyperlinks to player's game highlights.  Not sure how that would go over, though.

Just now, ny92mike said:

Thanks... Was thinking about inserting youtube hyperlinks to player's game highlights.  Not sure how that would go over, though.

For example, Joe Burrow's youtube hyperlink would be linked to this,

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joe+burrow+game+hightlights

Not really sure if they would get used or not.  

Would be cool if there was a trade builder below the Trade Block.     I honestly think you can shrink the trade block by 15 Columns.   Not many use it.     

Have a builder..   Where you can select the guys you want to offer..      Pick the team you want to trade with,   with options to include draft picks,   and players.    With available cap and the ending result.        Maybe block the players if Column G has a value.    

Not saying it's needed,  but if you're bored   and others like it.         Would make the coping and pasting into the transaction thread cleaner,    and less errors.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

The thing is they aren't accurate. They are based off of the new values that have been added in to 2022 and 2023 draft picks which are done in alphabetical order not where they will actually be in that year.

Those columns were simply tracking methods to make it easy to set the draft order for that year once the season ended.

At the end of this season this roster sheet will be copied and a new one created for next year and then the draft order will be set on the new Roster sheet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

The thing is they aren't accurate. They are based off of the new values that have been added in to 2022 and 2023 draft picks which are done in alphabetical order not where they will actually be in that year.

Those columns were simply tracking methods to make it easy to set the draft order for that year once the season ended.

At the end of this season this roster sheet will be copied and a new one created for next year and then the draft order will be set on the new Roster sheet.

What values aren’t accurate? The cost per pick?

2 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Would be cool if there was a trade builder below the Trade Block.     I honestly think you can shrink the trade block by 15 Columns.   Not many use it.     

Have a builder..   Where you can select the guys you want to offer..      Pick the team you want to trade with,   with options to include draft picks,   and players.    With available cap and the ending result.        Maybe block the players if Column G has a value.    

Not saying it's needed,  but if you're bored   and others like it.         Would make the coping and pasting into the transaction thread cleaner,    and less errors.

I like it.  Actually building something like this with the new tcmd workbook.

The only issue would be that this would be viewable as well as others being able to edit it if housed in the single bdl workbook.

Check out this sheet from my tcmd build.  It's a bit different as it relates to creating a trade proposal for an OTC pick and is only viewable to the OTC GM.  But I think it's similar to what you're suggesting.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bNk4HsyeVb8w_2LPfihBqsqCSNny7OHAXdLz22jMlY8/edit#gid=1192746818

This is view only but the way it works is in section one, you offer the picks and players you're willing to trade, in the sections below once OTC you can view the potential offers from others in cell range A37:O74, or can view by team selecting the team in cell C26.

For BDL, it would work best if you all had private team workbooks so only the team you are making the trade offer to would be the only ones to see the offer, but if you don't mind others seeing the trade proposal, I could definitely add it.

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

What values aren’t accurate? The cost per pick?

None of this is accurate. The teams are in the original alphabetical order before people started changing names last year. Lancaster was Carolina, Antarctica was Hawaii and Death Valley was Williamsport which is why they are in the spots they are in.

Assigning a pick and value in this way is inaccurate. 

2022 - Future Draft Picks
Draft Order Pick Draft Pick Owner Cap Value
1 1.1 1st - Anchorage Anchorage Trappers $6,500
2 1.2 1st - Berlin Berlin Blitzkrieg $6,250
3 1.3 1st - Camden Camden Hood Rats $6,005
4 1.4 1st - Lancaster Lancaster Werewolves $5,755
5 1.5 1st - Cuba Cuba Smugglers $5,510
6 1.6 1st - Gotham Gotham Gashslayers $5,260
7 1.7 1st - Antarctica Antarctica Katabatic Beasts $5,015
8 1.8 1st - Hungary Seoul Dragons $4,765
9 1.9 1st - Ivory Coast Ivory Coast Black Rhinos $4,520
10 1.10 1st - New Orleans Camden Hood Rats $4,270
11 1.11 1st - Cancun Cancun Kaiju $4,025
12 1.12 1st - Raleigh Raleigh Firebirds $3,775
13 1.13 1st - Rome Rome Eternals $3,530
14 1.14 1st - Seoul Seoul Dragons $3,280
15 1.15 1st - Singapore Anchorage Trappers $3,035
16 1.16 1st - Death Valley Anchorage Trappers $2,785
Edited by SirA1

7 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Not sure I follow what you're saying about new values for 2022 / 2023.  Are you saying the draft order in the workbook isn't accurate?  The values are tied to the overall pick number.