Playoffs - Wild Card Round

Leader

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Ideal:

WFT wins Saturday

CHI wins Sunday

Relatively indifferent about Rams/SEA. Rams defense is lights out right now...

There are a ton of political forums where you can post your passive-aggressive hot takes and it won't be against the rules and it won't be obnoxious to people who don't want to see it on a football forum.

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Just need one of the Bears, Rams or Football Teams to win.  Just 1/3. 

Ideally 3/3, but I won't get greedy. 

Best possible outcome for Wild Card Week:

Bills over Colts
Cleveland over Pittsburgh (I hate when teams rest starters when it could let their opponents into the playoffs)
Titans over Ravens

Bears over Saints
Rams over Seahawks
Football Teams over Buccaneers

The divisional would then look like:

Browns at Chiefs
Titans at Bills

Bears at Packers
Rams at Football Teams

Browns upset the Chiefs
Bills beat Titans

Packers wallop Bears
Football Teams stun Rams

Then it's Alex Smith versus Aaron Rodgers in the Championship game.

Bet you didn't feel this way when Lovie Smith played soft and let us into the playoffs, last time we won the SB....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Same here .. go Bears!  I give them little to no chance against the Saints, but you never know.  If would be so awesome to beat up on the Bears for a 3rd straight time this year.  

I think we care going to wind up playing Tampa .. sucks, but it would be fun to knock Brady out of the playoffs.

I don't think many gave the Vikings a great chance to beat the Saints in the playoffs last year either....

6 hours ago, Leader said:

I've got a local angle on Tampa - I live here. As such, I've had a local take on the entire evolution of the organization from back in the old NFC North days of Majik/Favre versus the Sapp/Brooks led Bucs.  GB was their litmus test. Their first hurdle. Their hated rival. They needed to get past us before they could be respectable - hence - I came to hate losing to them (and they had some decent teams.....especially on defense.....like now). 

So - there remains that personal "I hate to lose to that team" aspect which for me is greater than with CHI, MN and DET.

It makes beating them more enjoyable as well. So - its a double edged sword.

You probably don't remember than when John McKay warned his players he'd send them to GB, if they didn't  listen and get back behind the sideline....

2 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

You probably don't remember than when John McKay warned his players he'd send them to GB, if they didn't  listen and get back behind the sideline....

Not really. I cant put a time frame on the McKay era (so to speak.....) but think it was before I paid them any attention - be that because I wasnt settled in the area or what. Cant say.  No - the period I refer to probably starts pre-Dungy. Not sure who the Tampa HC was prior to Dungy. Some loser no doubt. They were a really bad organization owned and poorly operated under Hugh Culverhouse. Though they're local - I didnt/dont involve myself in the nuts and bolts of what they're up to.  I was a Packer fan and never had any intent to go local.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not really. I cant put a time frame on the McKay era (so to speak.....) but think it was before I paid them any attention - be that because I wasnt settled in the area or what. Cant say.  No - the period I refer to probably starts pre-Dungy. Not sure who the Tampa HC was prior to Dungy. Some loser no doubt. They were a really bad organization owned and poorly operated under Hugh Culverhouse. Though they're local - I didnt/dont involve myself in the nuts and bolts of what they're up to.  I was a Packer fan and never had any intent to go local.

John McKay was the Bucs first head coach when they became a franchise in the seventies...They went winless their first season and 0-26 before they won their first game....

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

I honestly think Dungy became a Packer hater during his tenure as HC at Tampa.  I’m not certain, but that may also have been around the time when TB and GB were in the same division (NFC Central) and played more often.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

I honestly think Dungy became a Packer hater during his tenure as HC at Tampa.  I’m not certain, but that may also have been around the time when TB and GB were in the same division (NFC Central) and played more often.

I cant speak to whats in Dungy's head - but yes, GB & TB were in the same division and played twice a year. It became quite a rivalry - very one sided. GB regularly kicked TBs *** - which they set about to stop and change. It made for some fierce games.