Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

Nothing against Watson but as a Dolphins fan, I would not want this trade, the cost would be too much. He would have even less playmakers in Miami and the picks to get him playmakers would be spent on getting him there. I watched all his games this season, I am good with Tua it has been less than a full season. 

• Like 1

There are really only 4 teams in the league who shouldn't be interested in trading for Watson.

Kansas City  - Mahomes is as good or better.

San Diego - They have a very promising rookie, who, although he isn't as good as Watson right now, being on his rookie contract adds to his worth to the point where I don't think it would be worth what they would be giving up.

Jacksonville - People may disagree, because Watson is a proven commodity, but I think Trevor Lawrence can become just as good, and like the case with San Diego, being on a rookie deal helps a lot for now.

Houston - This is the team who should be thinking about trading him less than anyone!  You just don't get better when you get rid of players of Watson's caliber - especially at the QB position.

• Like 1

Just now, rich homie said:

You think the Texans could find better value than Trevor Lawrence? Or is it just trading within the division? 

It's about not trading him unless you're getting a Herschel Walker turnaround.

If you're unloading a quality player, you need to get quantity in return, IMO. Trevor Lawrence isn't improving this team - Watson just had an All Pro calibur season, and the Texans still went 4-12.

IF you're moving Watson, you better fill EVERY single hole that cost Watson 12 games this past season. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Nothing against Watson but as a Dolphins fan, I would not want this trade, the cost would be too much. He would have even less playmakers in Miami and the picks to get him playmakers would be spent on getting him there. I watched all his games this season, I am good with Tua it has been less than a full season. 

I should have added the Dolphins to my list.  Even though Watson is a considerably better player than Tua is right now, Miami has put themselves in a great position with him to put together a great team with all those draft picks.  Trading that much ammo for Watson in their position probably wouldn't make them any better in the long run.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I'd add Buffalo and Arizona to this list.

Maybe Buffalo, but if I were Arizona, I would rip your arm off as I shook your hand taking that deal.  But seeing as how you are in an open-minded mood, could I interest you in a deal including Kirk Cousins?  :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Maybe Buffalo, but if I were Arizona, I would rip your arm off as I shook your hand taking that deal.  But seeing as how you are in an open-minded mood, could I interest you in a deal including Kirk Cousins?  :D

Danny Devito No GIF

• Like 1