Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

12 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Schefty giving it legs too - at least that there’s some dissent, not necessarily a trade.

Dissent is completely understandable - he single handedly won games for the franchise and was assured he was going to be part of the process. Then, he found out about Caserio the same way many of us found out, on social media.

I'd be upset, too. There is a lack of trust between the McNair family and the players at this point. Watson needs to do the interview for HC himself if Cal wants to get some goodwill back.

It's a messy situation, from top to bottom.

The issue for the Texans is they’ll never get what he’s worth. The trade would simply cripple any franchise getting Watson due to the exorbitant cost. Let’s be realistic here, they aren’t getting three first round picks but that should be the starting point for any deal. If you deal away three first round picks you’re now forcing your team to delve heavily into free agency and that’s after taking on Watson’s $35M a year deal.

I think if a deal does get worked out it will be two firsts, a third and a young talented player. It’s not enough but the last time a young, extremely talented QB was traded would be Jay Cutler and he went for two firsts. Cutler isn’t Watson but it’s the only trade that would be remotely comparable.

I mean, as a WFT fan we’d probably have to start at two firsts, a third, McLaurin and Sweat which at the end of the day just makes no sense. You’re just killing your build at that point. 

38 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Dissent is completely understandable - he single handedly won games for the franchise and was assured he was going to be part of the process. Then, he found out about Caserio the same way many of us found out, on social media.

I'd be upset, too. There is a lack of trust between the McNair family and the players at this point. Watson needs to do the interview for HC himself if Cal wants to get some goodwill back.

It's a messy situation, from top to bottom.

Did you think BoB would be the end..?

33 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Did you think BoB would be the end..?

Yes. Yes I did. I planned on not drinking in 2021 (part to give my liver a rest after last years cluster bomb) but this? This!?

Yeah, I'm getting hammered.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, biggie. said:

He shouldn't have gotten his contract renewed. He'd be getting closer to free agency and a new team if he ddin't.

He'd be tagged - multiple times, possibly three consecutive times. Then, he's getting paid on a per-game basis.

So, with the beating he takes? He'd lose a lot of money with an injury.

Demand a trade

When they don't give it to you just keep throwing the ball to the other team

They will trade you soon.

I'm not usually a fan of behaving this way but the McNair family deserves this.

More 3rd rate Patriots is not what this team needed.