Watson trade rumors

LoganF89

Whether or not any of it is true, this is a man undergoing an investigation for nearly two dozen sexual assaults. Pretty sure this organization, with all it went through in the last year, could ill afford to add that publicity to its repertoire. 

• Like 1

I know it’s different because his organization hasn’t came out and said that they’re willing to trade him, but I would be more enticed to get Aaron Rodgers at this point. I think he could be acquired for cheaper, and he does not come with the off field issues. In the end though, I think the right move is to ride out this season with Fitz and Heinicke. 

4 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I know it’s different because his organization hasn’t came out and said that they’re willing to trade him, but I would be more enticed to get Aaron Rodgers at this point. I think he could be acquired for cheaper, and he does not come with the off field issues. In the end though, I think the right move is to ride out this season with Fitz and Heinicke. 

Which one is unvaxxed?

That will be the cheaper addition. But he'll probably have to wear a yellow wristband.

I actually wish I was kidding, but I'm probably accurate, unfortunately.

58 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Whether or not any of it is true, this is a man undergoing an investigation for nearly two dozen sexual assaults. Pretty sure this organization, with all it went through in the last year, could ill afford to add that publicity to its repertoire. 

Even if we forgive the optics of that, why would you trade so many assets in a win now move for a player that could very likely be suspended for the season?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I agree w/ Field Yates. He’s going to end up on Miami or Philly, I hope it’s Miami.

As much as I don’t want him in Philly his salary plus their aging line plus their aging DL I mean I’m okay with them giving up 5 picks and players. I don’t think they are SB contenders with him there with that cost moving forward.

I gotta be honest, the specter of a Watson trade into the division doesn't bother me that much. I really love him as a player but now there is just so much extra that goes along with it. I know the Texans are wanting this but no chance anyone pays that unless they know they'll actually be able to play him in a few years still and quite honestly we don't know the answer to that question.

8 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Even if we forgive the optics of that, why would you trade so many assets in a win now move for a player that could very likely be suspended for the season?  

Why would it be considered a “win-now” move to trade for a 25-year-old QB?

They’re pretty much all playing into their late 30s at this point. Trading for Rodgers is a win-now move. Trading for Stafford would have been a win-now move. Signing Fitzpatrick was a win-sometimes-now move.

Trading for Watson is best viewed as a win-for-the-next-10-to-12 years move. He has the potential to be playing at an elite level longer than every single player on our roster. When Terry McLaurin is retired and Chase Young is signing one-year deals with contenders chasing rings, there’s a very reasonable chance that Watson will still be one of the most impactful players in the league. 

I get the optics argument, and I agree that realistically it will preclude them from actually making a move for Watson. But I just don’t get the objections from a football standpoint — like a few picks that will likely fall from the mid-teens to the early 20s are going to be more important to the franchise than a young QB with legs and a career 104.5 passer rating. Unless you’re betting that he won’t be back on the field at any point in the foreseeable future — and I have to ask who really believes that, based on what we’ve seen in the past with high-profile players? — he’s essentially the best investment they could possibly make.

• Like 1