Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

I cant tell if AJ Green getting on a one year bang at $8M is a good thing for JuJu, Golladay, and Fuller or a bad thing. 

On one hand, a really broken down AJ Green just got $8M per, so those guys should be significantly higher. On the other hand, someone signed a really broken down AJ Green instead of getting a much better, younger player. 

Weird receiver market. 

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I cant tell if AJ Green getting on a one year bang at $8M is a good thing for JuJu, Golladay, and Fuller or a bad thing. 

On one hand, a really broken down AJ Green just got $8M per, so those guys should be significantly higher. On the other hand, someone signed a really broken down AJ Green instead of getting a much better, younger player. 

Weird receiver market. 

First of all, AZ, NYJ, LV, NE all of whom have signed WRs already, were all suitors apparently for Juju.

Imo, it's a bad thing, a very bad thing. I saw on Twitter, someone saying they spoke to a GM who said that most teams around the league weren't comfortable giving WRs a double digit salary in this league year. 

It's not impossible albeit maybe not likely that Juju ends up back here on a 1 year deal.

steelers using Juju like he's Ryan switzer had to hurt his market and 2019 was not a good yr for him(not his fault due to QB play) wonder how much his last two seasons is impacting the price teams are willing to pay

Edited by August4th

34 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Weird receiver market. 

He got a 1 year deal worth up to $8M. His base salary is only $6M. 

9 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

He got a 1 year deal worth up to $8M. His base salary is only $6M. 

That doesn't make it better.

Without knowing how the actual incentives are characterized as either likely to be earned or unlikely to be earned, it could still be an $8.5M hit against the cap. 

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Likely because those 3 guys want A LOT more money per year.

Yes over lifetime of the deal but the year 1 cap hit can be mimimized like the Steelers prefer to do with a minimum year 1 base salary.

Edited by AFF

1 hour ago, AFF said:

LJ Fort a FA now...wouldn’t be a bad idea at all to resign him.

I would be all over this.

There's three things hurting JuJu

1. He has not looked like the same player since AB left, thats a fact.

2. He hasn't proved he can consistently win on the outside, no one wants to pay 16mill+ for a slot receiver

3. He hasn't proved he can be a #1 receiving threat

Now I love JuJu for what he is and would love to have him back but these are the reasons no one is in huge rush to sign him. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I would be all over this.

There's three things hurting JuJu

1. He has not looked like the same player since AB left, thats a fact.

2. He hasn't proved he can consistently win on the outside, no one wants to pay 16mill+ for a slot receiver

3. He hasn't proved he can be a #1 receiving threat

Now I love JuJu for what he is and would love to have him back but these are the reasons no one is in huge rush to sign him. 

Yeah I'd offer him a Tyler Boyd type deal ... I think it's 10 or 11 a year is what I think he should be... Problem with that is didn't aghalor just get 13? I mean juju is better then aghalor...heck so is Tyler Boyd for that matter