Doug Pederson Fired

DeSean Jackson

I’m told that this was a Jeffrey Lurie decision here. There are three big voices in the Eagles organization. It’s Jeffrey Lurie, it’s Howie Roseman, it’s team president Don Smolenski. From what I gather, it was the one loudest voice, the only one you really need in this one, Jeffrey Lurie who really made the push for Doug Pederson to be dismissed here and that Howie Roseman and Smolenski were trying to salvage the situation and go forward with Doug Pederson still as the head coach of the team.

And that’s pertinent here in response to your question because I don’t get the sense that this team expected a coaching search to be happening right now. They’re kind of scrambling a little bit.

The requests are in for Robert Saleh and Todd Bowles, those two have been out there, we can confirm that. But I wouldn’t look at it and say: ‘these are the targets.’ Because this team is just getting their feet underneath it as they start a coaching search while six other teams are already deep into theirs. So, I think there’s a little bit of frustration on that part, and I think it’s tough to get a read right now on who’s going to wind up being the guy for the Eagles.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/1/12/22227393/eagles-coaching-search-nfl-insider-scrambling-doug-pederson-jeffrey-lurie-philadelphia-news-saleh

On 1/11/2021 at 10:28 PM, Danger said:

Arguably he wasn't, but Reich was. 

I can't say he was a bad hire because it worked out for us, but again... based on everything we've seen. The planets aligned. Seriously though, that one year, with the RPO Doug was ahead of the NFL "Meta" and once they figured it out Doug was all "wat do?"

I mean Chip ran the RPO before Doug did here.  

I think Reich was a big factor, as was having an absolutely dominant offensive/defensive line.

The latter was a big factor in the Giants winning 2 SBs as well.