Lamar Jackson 2019 or Josh Allen 2020?

notthatbluestuff

12 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Didn't Allen have a tiny little rough patch in the middle of the season?

Don't think Lamar did anything other than dominate every single game he played, unless I'm mistaken.

Lamar and it's not close 

Allen did have a little rough patch for a couple of weeks. He won’t admit it but i know it was 100% due to getting slammed on his shoulder against the Raiders and having to wear a brace on it for about a month. Once that came off the numbers sky rocketed again.

On 1/12/2021 at 10:08 AM, BigTrav said:

Didn't Allen have a tiny little rough patch in the middle of the season?

Don't think Lamar did anything other than dominate every single game he played, unless I'm mistaken.

Lamar and it's not close 

Yeah he injured his Shoulder during the Raiders game and struggled a bit the next few games against Chiefs and Titans.

As for the answer its obviously 2020 Josh Allen

Total Yards- Lamar Jackson 4333 Josh Allen 4977

Total TDs- Lamar Jackson 43 TDs Josh Allen 46TDs

Total TOs- Lamar Jackson 9 Josh Allen 16

Playoff Wins- Josh Allen atleast 1(maybe more) Lamar Jackson 0

On 1/11/2021 at 2:34 PM, jg77 said:

Lamar's 2019 is more impressive imo. He did more w/ less.

That depends on your definition of "less." Jackson didn't have a Diggs/Beasley WR combo, but by the same token Allen had a garbage run game to take the pressure off. If Lamar was having a crap game, the other RBs could pick up the slack offensively; if Allen was off, the Bills were sunk. 

(FWIW, this is a thinker; I'm leaning Jackson myself) 

On 1/17/2021 at 11:01 PM, Bullet Club said:

Lamar's 19 was better. It's not huge but there is a clear gap. However, I think there is likely an even greater gap between who you want going forward and it's Josh Allen.

All respect to Josh, who I think very highly off, but the answer to this question has changed every single year for the 2018 QB draft class in terms of consensus popular opinion. Definite statements about "the guy you want for the next decade+" are always going to be less precise even than short term fan/observer opinions.

8 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

All respect to Josh, who I think very highly off, but the answer to this question has changed every single year for the 2018 QB draft class in terms of consensus popular opinion. Definite statements about "the guy you want for the next decade+" are always going to be less precise even than short term fan/observer opinions.

That's fair.