What’s the consensus on Kliff Kingsbury?

RUGmen

He was a head scratching hire to begin with and made a bold move to try and move on from Rosen to draft his guy in Murray which has been the right decision. I hear almost nothing about this guy despite him being one of the new “young, savvy” offensive coaches.

So is he a good HC? Can he be on the hot seat next year after the Cardinals falling apart this year and Year 3 usually being the make or break?

2 minutes ago, drd23 said:

That's being generous imo

Now that the likes of Patricia/Gase/Marrone/Quinn have been fired, Kliff is a bottom 5 HC in the league

Eh, keep in mind that some of the replacements for the fired coaches will also be terrible. Kliff is at least a good offensive mind. But he's not a good HC. That is clear. That all said, I felt the Cards were a little overrated going into the year (I said as much when people were telling me that the Cards would finish ahead of the Rams). People bought into the quantity over quality hype with them. They signed a bunch of defensive FAs, but none were proven as especially good players.

35 minutes ago, rich homie said:

Seems like the consensus is that he held the Cardinals back this year. Definitely on the hot seat this season and if they miss the playoffs again that's gg's.

I wouldn't go that far. I think he's a guy who neither elevates a team nor drags them down. He's just a guy. The team will go as far as their talent permits.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I wouldn't go that far. I think he's a guy who neither elevates a team nor drags them down. He's just a guy. The team will go as far as their talent permits.

imo there's no way they should have missed the playoffs. The terrible form down the stretch seemed to stem directly from him moreso than anything else.

4 minutes ago, rich homie said:

imo there's no way they should have missed the playoffs. The terrible form down the stretch seemed to stem directly from him moreso than anything else.

Entering the season, they looked to be a 7 to 9 win team to me. That's where they ended up.

• Like 3

Remember when (seemingly) every team in the league was trying to hire anyone associated with McVay, all the way down to his dog groomer, to be a HC? 

Cards signed Kliff Kingsbury, Bengals signed Zac Taylor, and the Packers signed Matt Lefluer.  The results have been a total mixed bag so far.

Kingsbury has a 13-18-1 record, 0 division titles and 0 playoff appearances.
Zac Taylor has a 6-25-1 record, 0 division titles and 0 playoff appearances.
Matt Lefluer has a 27-7 record, 2 division titles and 2 playoff appearances. 

One thing they all have in common though is they all drafted a QB in the 1st round.