Future QB Discussion

G08

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

My opinion is be patient. Don't give up more than you feel is fair for Wentz and if doesn't work out then so be it

I don't think Wentz should be viewed as some QB savior for this team. The guy has a over average talent but still a few things would need to go right for him to pan out and the team will be cash strapped if that happens

There will be other options available

I don't mind the idea of trading a mid round pick for Minshew and then drafting a QB/OT combo in no particular order in the first 2 rounds...

I am wondering if we miss early in the draft if we take a QB in round 3 and again in 6 and hope for the best.

12 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I would agree, but he has a 39 mil dead cap and a 32 mil cap hit in 2021.

Not sure how either Seattle or Bears could do it.   I guess there must be a way.

At least he is used to playing without a good O line. 

See my reply above. We only eat the salary which would be 19, 19, & 21.

Edited by malagabears

34 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Garofolo just said on NFLN that he isn't sure if Wilson is available but if he is the Bears will be banging on Seattle's door. I know 20 other teams would as well but it's fascinating that he only mentioned the Bears

We're obviously desperate and the league knows it.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

What's your max?

I am not even sure I would offer a 2nd anymore.

His contract is ***, his attitude is questionable, and he was horrendous last season. 

What is different between this and Tannehill? Tannehill’S contract was better and he went for a 4thz