Rams sign Alec Ogletree to 4 year extension

RamRod

I like this signing. People point out a guy flaws a lot. What about the positives? Against the Seahawks (one of the best teams in the NFL), Ogletree shows out. He is one of the top 10 linebackers in the game. I'm from Louisiana and you want to know how hard it is to find a linebacker, just ask Saints fans. The best linebacker they had in the past decade was an older Vilma and that was plenty years ago. Outside of him it's been a very very very long time since they had one. It's not as easy to replace a young athletic very skilled linebacker. Ogletree can ball. He is QBs like Wilson worst nightmare and we need someone like that. He will only get better in Phillips 3-4 scheme too. 

Ugh. I woke up to Zach Ertz scoring two touchdowns on my Carolina defense in fantasy. Then I saw this...

All I can say is I hope he improves. He's going to be here for a while, so he better get better at getting off of blocks and not getting juked out of his shoes/missing tackles as much.

Kind of disappointed this happened before Donald got his contract. Are they not talking during the season?

Why is every one so sour on this? He's a great player and has only improved in Wades scheme since Game 1. He's always around the play and a very good pass rusher. I'm very optimistic with this move....especially if we can snag one of those USC boys in the next draft to help solidify that LB core. 

Archived