Death Note Mafia - TKN Edition (Kira and Sakura TV wins!)

TheKillerNacho

It seems darkness prevailed as Kira and his allies ironically rush and accuse @Pickle Rick of being the villain. He was, obviously, not, though. Instead he was the Task Force's youngest and most naive member, Touta Matsuda.

(Since with the Shinigami, Kira now has a voting majority and no one left in the game has a night action that can change that, I'm calling the game now.)

The following night, the final two members of both investigative groups, @Tk3 and @gopherwrestler , also died from heart attacks. This was a reminder from Kira that anyone who opposes the God of the New World will be judged just as harshly any criminal. They were Shuichi Aizawa of the Task Force, and Anthony Rester of the SPK, respectively. With more of the world beginning to accept Kira, it seems unlikely he'll face much organized opposition ever again.

The remaining two Shinigami, deciding that things will likely get far more boring from here on, decide to return to the Shinigami Realm. They were Sidoh and Gelus.

xhaf2rkeqIuVq1mzJ8oYtQqJ5UcDsfn5A2wPl-OIzhb0mYucDbcz-0q4RW35SCKpH1VhmWRiZURMebVOtHwDUXcvSWNwNpUWp2K0PrkwfVNRTEZZGJY3H2sWw_NpOCLj8onCNuME

"What's with this guy? He's human... but he's scary!" - Sidoh

WVPBSM0OLjVtGrkLCcVgnhnNjya6Z567mAm-drQ3rI7x6EH5gA_ZxJnHN80fW0p7WLfXw8ct_v0igmURHVwm0dM_rLlZ33EBbzHDhkkCEFaCq_lTrYTDIDTe0K_y0bD75zD7IZOy

"I wonder why today... it's just not fair." - Gelus

There were only now three who remained, Kira himself, the Hand of Kira, and his loyal "supporter" on Sakura TV:

• @swoosh as Light Yagami, Kira aligned.
  • @bigbadbuff as Teru Mikami, Kira aligned.
  • @Forge as Hitoshi Demegawa, Sakura TV aligned.

It seems that the Death Note, transcribed below, truly brought everlasting change to the World! Kira and Sakura TV wins!

6QZk9gB.png

Remaining Autopsies:

@Pickle Rickwas:

Touta Matsuda
Officer
lxoOHLUJyqDgTDLZQI4XN420bZd2IkOoz4KgtJstDdgAHrAi9AYC_2Jasu6OOucXJsZ4QqyfbKSa81ON_UkaKwx57mKvIxHsoLiPVk3MmR1tIxd5_qgX4Z01cEnwFu72pouLpn4X

"I want to help, too! I want to contribute to the case!" - Touta Matsuda

You are aligned with the Task Force: Eliminate all threats facing the Task Force. At least one in your faction must be alive at the end of the game. The SPK (including Mello) is allied with the Task Force and thus not considered a threat, but you don't need them to win, either.

ROLE POWERS:
(In general, you may only use one of your role's actions each night. Passive powers are always active, and Day actions are instead used during the day.)

• Aid Investigation: Once per night, target a player to receive a report about whether or not that player attempted to use an ability that would give them a report that night. Additionally, that player's reports cannot be fabricated that night.

STARTING ITEMS:
(You may use one item at night in addition to one of your role's night actions. Passive items are always active, and need not be used.)

• Gun: Kill a target player. Usable only once.

@Tk3was:

Shuichi Aizawa
Officer
A6ky4AtKrNZK8-cJBbVnymoqdIfJ9Fiipk79ezo7UJm1b3BrME1pbtSBq3IQ-TMrPdvs9a3EBnc2ihZcYxd1m5nJCytCEmkfmQUjCF7pXSpirLf1X_GsCSF36mjsEiTNYqy71D4f

"Would you cut it out with all this dating, kissing and Misa-Misa talk already?! This is the Kira Investigation!" - Shuichi Aizawa

You are aligned with the Task Force: Eliminate all threats facing the Task Force. At least one in your faction must be alive at the end of the game. The SPK (including Mello) is allied with the Task Force and thus not considered a threat, but you don't need them to win, either.

ROLE POWERS:
(In general, you may only use one of your role's actions each night. Passive powers are always active, and Day actions are instead used during the day.)

• Verify Credentials: Once per night, target a player to receive a report about whether they are aligned with the Task Force or not. You cannot use this ability two nights in a row.

STARTING ITEMS:
(You may use one item at night in addition to one of your role's night actions. Passive items are always active, and need not be used.)

• Notepad: Once per night, you may write a message of any length into the notepad, or read all messages written in the notepad. When a player with a notepad is killed, the contents of the notepad is revealed to everyone.

@gopherwrestlerwas:

Anthony Rester
Commander
pMVIhwXWnVvbJnrqqYHsWe7kOkNt4qPxoWYkdgCRZunbAFTOh366aNe-cRQj993wzAs2yHNtVKfnIso4_7eylZaEhI_ILRRH8iQgQO-fr-kjeH_VgBGeH1GI2QIKGNthv9OTexqN

"We have only one shot with that plan!" - Anthony Rester

You are aligned with the SPK: Eliminate all threats facing the SPK, including Mello. At least one in your faction must be alive at the end of the game. The Task Force is allied with the SPK and thus not considered a threat, but you don't need them to win, either.

ROLE POWERS:

• Track: Once per night, target a player to get a report on all players that target visited during the night.
  • Commander (PASSIVE): Knows the names (not identities) of all possible members of the SPK at the beginning of the game.

STARTING ITEMS:

• Radio (SPK): Use this item at night specifying a Character Name and a message up to 255 characters. If that Character is in the game and is or was SPK aligned, they will receive the message along with their night PM, but they will neither be told the sender's identity or character (you are free to include these details in your message, however). The radio does not visit, and the target will always receive it even other other moves would fail on them that night.

@swooshwas:

Light Yagami
Student
tdOWiZ4THMj-0ZiLmUhrgyMWmADtQZYIu8ifWa7PR03A602TBZqEn87aHoY2IcMrzb3bVpxj9-AQ3BXF9Vq6IWMp4un4KHW9rivYm9QI715ToCCVS30ov5aepqrY6-QmEsaGGQGV

"I'll make you trust me. And when you've told me everything I need to know, I'll kill you." - Light Yagami

You are aligned with Kira: Those loyal to Kira must outnumber all other living players (excluding Neutral-aligned players).

ROLE POWERS:

• Manipulate: Once per night, target two other players. All players (including allied players) visiting either of those players will instead be redirected to the other.
  • Narrow it Down: Twice per game, at night, target a player. You'll receive three random character names belonging to players still alive in the game, one of which being the target's.
  • Inside Information (PASSIVE): Each night, so long as Soichiro Yagami is alive, you receive a copy of all reports from Task Force-aligned players during the night, except L's.
  • Hidden Page (DAY ACTION): Once per game, during the day, you can target a player and specify a Character Name. If the targeted player is that character, they will immediately die of a heart attack. You cannot use this ability the final 30 minutes of the day.

STARTING ITEMS:

• Death Note: See below image for details about all of the powers of this item.
  • Bullet-Proof Vest (PASSIVE): Protects the wearer against a single attack before breaking. Does not protect the wearer from being lynched.

@bigbadbuffwas:

Teru Mikami
Lawyer
Z53ybyLLPAo2f-4eFgXqwjuSPqJg0gnb5SGXbmGTHwz-iUnPlmqA_4mWVr7HN-GJS_ygI8uGcxoQFjRxPpopdXTWYmpnclV4XMeYAGvwbhdFbNUeecaZ9NsBWhMbgr5d2nADmvhZ

"In this world, there is only good and evil... every human being without exception ends up falling into one category or the other." - Teru Mikami

You are aligned with Kira: Those loyal to Kira must outnumber all other living players (excluding Neutral-aligned players).

ROLE POWERS:

• Hide Evidence: Once per night, target another player. Any reports on that player will be fabricated to make that player appear as the same alignment as the investigator. Additionally, their title will be fabricated to be that of a random living player sharing the investigator's alignment.
  • Efficiency: Once per game, use this ability to use a single item in your inventory twice in the same night.

STARTING ITEMS:

• none!

@Forgewas:

Hitoshi Demegawa
Director
zNMRaE4K3uVTIzDEyDFeTD1T1slRw5IlNIX6oy496FE-Mn4pMNiebFTYH3AkDkxbDTwA0CmdD-lTVAmnWIGFz3yL29vFv1fTf9yig5K73hexGCm0cSS58fIaJp14OFHEs8K0vSIH

"Come on, everyone. The new age of Kira is about to arrive!" - Hitoshi Demegawa

You are aligned with Sakura TV: While not officially affiliated with any faction, you win if and only if Kira or Yotsuba wins. That means, in general, you should seek to eliminate all threats to Kira and/or Yotsuba.

ROLE POWERS:

• Obstruct Justice: Once per night, target a player. Any report that player receives throughout the night will be fabricated to be as close to exact opposite of the truth as possible (for instance, if the player would receive an innocent report on a player, he receives a guilty one instead). You cannot target the same player with this ability again this game.
  • Radio Bugs (PASSIVE): Each night, any message attempting to be sent via radio will also be received by you as well. You will be informed of which character is receiving the message, but not the sender.
  • Freedom of the Press (PASSIVE): Each night, any information you write in your notepad will be announced on the Day Start writeup as a Sakura TV News Broadcast.

STARTING ITEMS:

• Notepad: Once per night, you may write a message of any length into the notepad, or read all messages written in the notepad. When a player with a notepad is killed, the contents of the notepad is revealed to everyone.

Thanks for playing everyone!!! I'll probably throw some awards together later today.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tk3 said:

okay.. so here's where I am with things.. (I'll admit, I have been wrong about a LOT thus far). I owe some apologies, but whatever, its part of the process of figuring out the game

• 5 dead Task Force (including Lind)
  • 2 dead SPK
  • 1 dead FBI
  • 3 dead Civilians (one of which was originally Mello aligned)
  • 1 dead Mello aligned
  • 3 dead Yotsuba
  • 2 dead Kira
  • 0 dead Sakura TV (known alignment)
  • 0 dead Murderer (known alignment)

9 remaining players + 2 shinigami

• TK
  • Pickle Rick
  • Counselor
  • Gopher
  • Forge
  • Daboyle
  • Swoosh
  • Bigbadbuff
  • Whicker
  • Shinigami C
  • Shinigami D

I'm not sure how many of each faction there should be - but here is what I know and believe

• TK and Pickle are cleared Task Force. Mwil cleared Squire and I, that circle was proven, and last night I got a Task Force invest on Pickle. I'm considering that a done deal
  • Counselor and Gopher are essentially claiming each other as SPK. I need their confirmation, but it sure sounds like either both are SPK, or both are in a scum alliance together. 4 SPK feels reasonable for a game of this size, so I am likely to believe them
  • Whicker claimed FBI. FBI was a convertible faction and the converter was alive. His behavior has been consistent with FBI lately, although if he's on a small remaining scum team or alone, he WOULD be scum hunting regardless. Considering the size of this scum faction, he should be on a radar in the end game if we get rid of the likely threats and the game doesn't end, but not imminently
  • Forge is Sakura TV. At this point I'm not sure if he ACTUALLY completed his wincon, or if he just wanted us to think he is now a friendly other and he hasn't completed the wincon yet. Either way, I don't think it matters. There are bigger threats out there.
  • Daboyle is interesting. I know Squire wasn't sure if he was "naïve cop" or not, but frankly, I doubt he was. He had Daniel and Daboyle as aligned, which would make Daboyle Yotsuba aligned.
  • That leaves Swoosh and BBB. One of them has to be the murderer, and we MIGHT still have another Kira aligned out there. BBB is evasive as all hell, and Swoosh's story doesn't line up, even though he claimed Task Force

These players NEED to die and I haven't figured out in what order yet

• Daboyle
  • Bigbad
  • Swoosh

So in retrospect, this wasn't bad.. just about 3 days too late.. smh

I spent too much time on Whicker (sorry @Whicker) - but I stand by the fact that he SHOULD have remained high on the radar based on the threat of conversion. Although I 100% should have been more concerned with finding the last Kira. I guess I didn't realize what faction sizes would be, and more importantly, which factions held the death notes, and got too hung up on the wrong group

I think considering the alignments in the game, my goal was to push people to give alignments and try to catch someone in a lie, claiming to be Task Force when I could confirm - but the level of outright character claiming was brutal, and the reason for the loss

Once character names were readily available - the strategy SHOULD have switched to killing the Shinigami.. But realizing this NOW isn't particularly helpful :(

Edited by Tk3