NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

1 hour ago, Jaire_Island said:

Guys - can some one pull all 22 film and see how many holds that bucs got away with?..

We dont play press and they play press and holding on most of the plays. Matt L should have done Brian Belichick posture and thrown the Ipad on ground ... 

Here's one example - and the gut punch is that it's on the same play as the DPI. 

Esi2B3fWMAMdHZw?format=jpg&name=small

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

Throw in AB for good measure. You're right, down right disgrace by our front office. With QB's like Rodgers and Brady you have to go all in. Future doesn't guarantee anything. TB has an all in roster.

GB had a pretty full roster of pro bowl players

Bahktiari, Jenkins, Jones, Adams

Z, Jaire

TB had JPP

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Didn’t expect this dumb **** out of the local press too

Tom Brady is the GOAT because his defense carried his *** to a win on a day he barely completed 50 percent of his passes and threw 3 INTs vs. a coordinator known for his awful schemes?

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Z, Jaire

TB had JPP

That's fine but you have to agree their front 7 is far better. The Smiths didn’t do much and neither did Gary. Kenny was the stud yesterday. We have nothing next to Clark. I know Adam's is great  but as a unit I'm taking TB receiving core over ours.

Lost in all this "the refs didn't call jersey-pulling all game, including the SMB INT" talk is the fact that they didn't call a blatant hold on Rashan Gary, who would've had a clear path to Brady:

And the one pass they randomly decided to call the jersey-pulling on wasn't even catchable to boot. 🤦‍♂️ WTF? 

Edited by KManX89

30 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Z, Jaire

TB had JPP

Also, it's asinine to say the Packers haven't been in a more "win now" based mode based on the prior two free agency periods. Two of the big differences are the Bucs are paying their QB less and are still playing on a number of cheap contracts. The Packers aren't. The Bucs just had a more "obvious" active period because of the flexibility their cap space has allowed them. They, like the 49ers, are going to have to start paying folks so they had better hope they win this one.

Execution was the simple difference yesterday. Packers had more than enough talent to beat this Bucs team. 

Edited by Striker

5 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Aaron Jones had a good career here but yesterday proved he's not worth Cook, Kamara money. King is a typical bad TT CB pick. Should've just paid Breeland and let this clown walk. I just don't know how this team completes next season. No money key cuts coming.

Not even Kamara or Cook are worth Kamara/Cook money.

I think the Packers can best help themselves by moving on from Pettine and Shawn Menenga.  There is some good talent on defense already .. need to find the right guy to coordinate it.  I'd like to see a far more aggressive style brought in.  When it comes to special teams the Packers need to start drafting for that or something.  There is something wrong with the way we approach special teams.  .. we stink at it year after year.  I think when you come up short four times in seven years in championship games it's pretty clear you are getting outcoached.  Two of these four were winnable and poor coaching had a hand in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  Just my take.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

52 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL I didnt "logic it" - I recounted what actually happened in the game. Contrary to all the conjecture listed above.

IF that flag doesnt happen (and the TB DBs had been practicing their off season Sumo Wrestling moves all day w/o one flag....) we would have *in fact* stopped the all powerful Brady and had the ball with time, opportunity (and timeout) to go get the winning score.

Didnt break our way. Oh well.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree then.

Just now, KManX89 said:

Lost in all this "the refs didn't call jersey-pulling all game, including the SMB INT" talk is the fact that they didn't call a blatant hold on Rashan Gary, who would've had a clear path to Brady:

And the one pass they randomly decided to call the jersey-pulling on wasn't even catchable to boot. 🤦‍♂️ WTF? 

This cements it.  I'm done.

It was nice talking to all of you.  Even the ones of you I strongly disagreed with. 

**** Tom Brady. 

2 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

I watched the game again last night and one team clearly benefited from the refs keeping their flags in their pockets...the Bucs.  King should be able to play that style, but he just looks like he is the same player now that he was as a rookie.  His poor footwork on that play that resulted in that holding penalty at the end of the game is what got him in trouble.

Why do that to yourself? 

Edited by Smidgeon