NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

28 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

His teammates and coaches did enough to win the game also if Rodgers plays up to his standards. This was a team loss. 

What about Zebras?. You can’t coach if Zebras let them play with all the holds and stuff. 

We all know Bucs are 7th most penalized team in NFL and If they come up with a strategy to let them play, that’s advantageous to Bucs. 

Horrible officiating. 

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

Anyone who thinks this team is “soft” is dumb as rocks. About as dumb as our DC in critical moments.

Wow, that was rude! Agree to disagree, I guess. 

I did say in that post that we are getting tougher and more resilient.

But these are the FACTS: 

We could not run the ball AT ALL

We could not pass protect well enough 

We could not rush the passer well enough 

We lost in the trenches on both sides of the ball! It happened last season, and it happened again this season. I'm sick of it. We get all the way to this stage TWICE and we are the softer football team. Lowkey want Rodgers to move to SF just so yall can see what I'm talking about, but my love for this team is 100000000000x stronger than my pettiness. At least we're getting better 

14 hours ago, incognito_man said:

MLF was perfectly fine except for the 1 or two all-pass play series after the turnovers that went nowhere.

Yes, those were HUGE moments and he got too excited. Otherwise was fine. I strongly suspect the math agrees with that FG attempt.

The reports I've seen say the math said to go for it, but it wasn't an egregious decision. 

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Up until this game, I think the Packers defense on 3rd and long (7+ yards) was actually rated one of the best in the NFL in terms of percentage of first downs allowed....but they failed miserably in the first half.  We still need one more strong interior lineman with pass rushing skills.  You have to collapse the pocket from the inside on Brady.  The refs also really let the teams play which played into the hands of the Bucs.  Their has a lot of holding going on by both teams but when your three interior lineman hold its an advantage for a quarterback that is not mobile.  It also helps defensives that like to be aggressive in the back end and hold or grab receivers on the break.  The Bucs did a lot more of that and got away with it.  Again....advantage Bucs.

For me this shows we need a true slot WR. Someone who can win just  straight up outside of Adams. 

I know its not a weakness per say but I'm still in the minority of a high end MLB. Our LBs dont make plays. Desmond Bishop made plays that effected the game when we won the SB. Seeing how they always had two LBs on the field was awesome and were never in a true negative against the run meant alot. They LBs lining up man to man and have confidence in not dying is awesome. They played cover 2 man and said show us you're better than us. 

With King and Sullivan? haha no sir. To be fair to Sullivan Godwin imo  is a top 15 WR.

If Kevin King doesnt have his worst game of his career we are probably scrambling how to take on Mahomes right now. 

We kept getting exposed  on the screens. That Gronk screen smfh. That Fournette TD was all back tackling and angles, Fournette didnt even cut. 

No Special Teams help. Literally nothing from them. 

Where was the Smith Brothers and Gary? They didnt stand out to me this game.

Wish we would have ran a bit more with dillion. He was really carrying people once he started to get in the grove. 

MVS was AWESOME as well. 

Boy Turner and Wagner got smoked.

Rodgers could have ran that ball in for a TD on that 3rd, At worst it would be on the 2 yard line.

I've calmed down but like AlexGreen said this was truly a team lost.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

But - the plan came damn close to working.

3rd & 4 at TB 37

(1:46 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to T.Johnson [R.Gary]. PENALTY on GB-K.King, Defensive Pass Interference, 15 yards, enforced at TB 37 - No Play.

Take that DPI out of the equation (on an uncatchable pass btw...) and GB is getting the ball back with....over a minute left (and at least 1 timeout) - not needing 8 to tie - but 6 to win.

Correction:  If the DPI wasnt called, GB probably would have used their last timeout to stop the clock. Giving them the ball - with no timeouts - but a minute 40 to score the winning TD.

Correction #2: As correctly pointed out below, GB wouldnt have needed to burn their last TO because the incomplete pass would have stopped the clock. Phew! Can I be done with this post now?  :)

You can logic it all you want.  It’s wrong. 

It’s kinda like looking at a pitch in last out of World Series.  Maybe it makes sense, pitch looks like it isn’t in strike zone, but just swing you pussywillow.  Or alternatively you stand at plate with bat in your hand while game is over like a jackass.  

Put the win on your MVP QB or you defense to close it out?  A lot easier to hold Brady from scoring with small time with tie game, momentum, excitement and crowd than to keep him from getting two first downs. 

Odds are Rodgers doesn’t score TD and 2 pt.  But I like those odds better than giving ball back to Brady late in game still behind.  You were still behind.  

Bottom line is you were inside 10 down 8 late in 4th.  You have to go for it. You just do.  If I am Super Bowl Ravens I still go for it with terrible O and great D. 

13 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Guys - can some one pull all 22 film and see how many holds that bucs got away with?..

We dont play press and they play press and holding on most of the plays. Matt L should have done Brian Belichick posture and thrown the Ipad on ground ... 

When you get to the playoffs, the refs tend to put away the flags.  If I were the Packers you have to take note of that tendency and get the right players and defensive scheme to take advantage of that.  You might get called for a lot of defensive holding penalties during the regular season, but you benefit from having a more aggressive defensive backfield in the playoffs because the refs just are not calling the grabs and holds on receivers as much...unless they are blatant like King's hold. 

I watched the game again last night and one team clearly benefited from the refs keeping their flags in their pockets...the Bucs.  King should be able to play that style, but he just looks like he is the same player now that he was as a rookie.  His poor footwork on that play that resulted in that holding penalty at the end of the game is what got him in trouble.

Packers two most critical errors IMO was decision to play MOFC at end of half and decision not to go for it on 4th at end of game. 

LaFluer who was my coach of year laid an egg in this game.  He was out coached through out and panicked. 

KC is probably best team in NFL, but Packers were best in NFC this year.

Can't disagree with this take. Just a horrible job by the front office. No sense of urgency. 

Expect Rodgers to beat Brady with ESB, Lazard and Tonyan, while Brady has the Pro Bowl Roster on the other side?!?!?!?

Though they are being petty about Justin Jefferson. Packers couldn't get him, without blowing up the draft value tables.

Edited by Howler

39 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You can logic it all you want.  It’s wrong.
It’s kinda like looking at a pitch in last out of World Series.  Maybe it makes sense, pitch looks like it isn’t in strike zone, but just swing you pussywillow.  Or alternatively you stand at plate with bat in your hand while game is over like a jackass.  

Put the win on your MVP QB or you defense to close it out?  A lot easier to hold Brady from scoring with small time with tie game, momentum, excitement and crowd than to keep him from getting two first downs. 

Odds are Rodgers doesn’t score TD and 2 pt.  But I like those odds better than giving ball back to Brady late in game still behind.  You were still behind.  

Bottom line is you were inside 10 down 8 late in 4th.  You have to go for it. You just do.  If I am Super Bowl Ravens I still go for it with terrible O and great D.

LOL I didnt "logic it" - I recounted what actually happened in the game. Contrary to all the conjecture listed above.

IF that flag doesnt happen (and the TB DBs had been practicing their off season Sumo Wrestling moves all day w/o one flag....) we would have *in fact* stopped the all powerful Brady and had the ball with time, opportunity (and timeout) to go get the winning score.

Didnt break our way. Oh well.

Edited by Leader

35 minutes ago, Howler said:

Can't disagree with this take. Just a horrible job by the front office. No sense of urgency. 

Expect Rodgers to beat Brady with ESB, Lazard and Tonyan, while Brady has the Pro Bowl Roster on the other side?!?!?!?

Though they are being petty about Justin Jefferson. Packers couldn't get him, without blowing up the draft value tables.

Throw in AB for good measure. You're right, down right disgrace by our front office. With QB's like Rodgers and Brady you have to go all in. Future doesn't guarantee anything. TB has an all in roster.