NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You and I see this pretty much the exact same way. 

quite a few see it this way. Not sure why we decided to play the first half defense soo different then what got us here. I can see the odd wrinkle but going cover zero with 8 second's left was such a bad call. At worst give up the FG it's 7 points, giving up the TD was a killer.

With that said we had our chances in the second half and heck even in the first. AR missed some wide open guys in the EZ and at times the Bucs did play well. 

Just a dam shame is all.........but I would hope we invest in a new DC and also put more resources into the D for next year as our schedule is a murderers row for sure.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Vita Vea returned 

You run it to stay with the original game plan, especially when the Packers closed to within a touchdown of the lead.  Even if the run yards are diminished with Vea, a defensive line cannot just tee off on the quarterback.  Plus, the Packers were having some success getting to the outside.

8 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Because we have a quarterback who is given freedom to choose between different plays and yesterday he chose to pass it a lot?

I wish one day we would get an accounting for what was the original play call versus what was actually run.  We really did not attempt to run the ball in the 4th quarter even though we were down by less than a touch down.  Even when we were in the red zone that one time.  I wish they would have handed the ball off to Dillon a few times.  He is like a sledgehammer hitting people.

2 hours ago, persiandud said:

Why couldn't we run the ball? 

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Aaron jones did get hurt, that was a factor in the run/pass percentages.  Also the packers were losing, often by multiple scores for a huge portion of the game.  It's possible to run and play tempo, but this team hasn't been doing that all year.

They loaded the box.  They never really played run on the DL.  They played to get up the field and if the RB happens to run by you, get a shoulder on him and let the ILB's clean it up.  We never got a rhythm going because they kept blitzing and reading the keys correctly and stuffing us on first down.

So, we tried to throw.  But they jammed the line and held the ever loving **** out of our WR's.  Kept them on the line and away from blocking responsibilities.

We hit a few big plays.  MVS was quite good this game.  Lazard couldn't separate.  "Vante was getting his.  But we really needed someone else who could win quickly off of the LOS at WR.

I saw one run in the fourth quarter, it was supposed to go off of center.  Williams ran right at the back side (right side) of the line where we were letting the edge guy run free.  Stopped for a half yard loss.  Then we hit Williams in the middle of the field.  Cut left and he gets ten yards, maybe goes out of bounds.  He cuts right, right into the traffic and gets a gain of 4 yards and a ton of time runs off of the clock.  Just ugly *** offense.

Tip your hat.  Bowles was better than LaFleur.  Again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

I get sick to my stomach when I think back when TT passed on TJ Watt for King.  🤢

It was because of what Julio Jones did to our CB's in the 2016 NFC championship. I'm sure that's what influenced Ted to take King over Watt.  In hindsight it was a bad decision. I'm taking pass rush talent over DB's all day.

2 hours ago, Striker said:

Looking at this reminds me a lot of the Detroit Hail Mary. Our two starting safeties...just being absolutely useless playing box/robber when your only goal here is to stop the TD.

That literally has NOTHING to do with our safeties or our corners.  That TD is squarely on Pettine.  That's the time you put your prevent defense out there.  They have ONE shot to make the end zone so you put as many tall bodies who can get up to make a play on the ball.  That's probably Lazard, Tonyan, and probably ESB.  You put their butts on the goal line.  You rush 3 (Gary, Z, and Clark) and you put some combination of CBs and S in between those.  How Pettine managed to mess that one up is beyond me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That literally has NOTHING to do with our safeties or our corners.  That TD is squarely on Pettine.  That's the time you put your prevent defense out there.  They have ONE shot to make the end zone so you put as many tall bodies who can get up to make a play on the ball.  That's probably Lazard, Tonyan, and probably ESB.  You put their butts on the goal line.  You rush 3 (Gary, Z, and Clark) and you put some combination of CBs and S in between those.  How Pettine managed to mess that one up is beyond me.

I'm not blaming the safeties for being there. I compared it to the DET Hail Mary because, much like that play, you had two of your most important players (Savage/Amos) just floating around doing essentially nothing instead of being back in the endzone or rushing Brady or anything remotely useful. It was an absolutely awful call by Pettine.

OK, I'm just frustrated that our coach made a mind-boggling decision that ultimately backfired.

But we can only count on our defense to do so much. I think the defense tried too hard, and got penalized a couple times as a result.

Edited by pf9