NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

King wouldn't have been on the field if Rodgers didn't blow it. He wouldn't have been in that coverage if Pettine wasn't an idiot. Did King blow it bad? Yeah, but that was not nearly the only issue with that sequence. 

Point being, he WAS on the field.  He WAS not the only issue but he was the LAST issue and contributed very much on this team getting beat today. 

33 minutes ago, Leader said:

That entire closing sequence played out like something out of the Twilight Zone - starting with Redmond missing that gimme INT.

I mean....hello???????????????? The damn ball was RIGHT THERE and nobody was interfering with his catching it. It's like an outfielder lining up a fly ball.....and then missing it for no good reason.

That would have ended Tampa's half. Instead..........

Did he thought that’s a 4th down or what??.

Horrendous..

33 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Much like Bostic after the 2014 loss, I don't know how GB can bring King back into the locker room after how he played today.  King hitting FA and moving on is probably best for everyone involved.

This is insane. Mike Evans, an honest to God stud, beat him on a great route and a perfect throw.

The Scotty Miller one was ugly for sure, but it required dumb *** decisions by Rodgers and Pettine to get him there.

The end of the game PI, dude you had his teammates screaming their heads off at the refs. Nobody's going to hold getting beat on an in route in man to man coverage against him. It happens. That's playing CB. 

34 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I think this was their last best shot. I still see them as a playoff squad but I don't see them being the 1 seed or having the title game at home. It all lined up perfectly for them this year and they just couldn't get it done unfortunately, Maybe a new DC can get more out of this defense so that having a tougher playoff path isn't so daunting.

I agree with this.  Odds are we lose Jones and Linsley this offseason(King too), we don't have the cap to bring in replacements, and it'd be basically impossible for a draft class to fill all the gaps.

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Point being, he WAS on the field.  He WAS not the only issue but he was the LAST issue and contributed very much on this team getting beat today. 

Great, no one has said otherwise. We do have people in here saying that Rodgers wasn't part of the problem though. That is an issue. 

King wouldn't have been on the field if Rodgers didn't blow it. He wouldn't have been in that coverage if Pettine wasn't an idiot. Did King blow it bad? Yeah, but that was not nearly the only issue with that sequence. 

I get what you are saying.  But part of the defenses job is to help the team recover from a rough situation.   Whether that is a INT, fumble, punt, etc.  

King needs to play that better.   Pettine needs to call that better.  Rodgers play was done and gone.  Be resilient and make a play to get the ball back or prevent the other team from capitalizing.  

Brady threw 2 INT in the 2nd half and the TB defense promptly went out and shut down the offense.    They didn't fold like a house of cards.   

This NFCCG was almost atypical of the last 2 in that GB actually got down 18 and fought back to a 1 score game and had the ball 3x with a chance to go down to get the tie.   Prior NFCCG it was an avalanche and they never offered any sort of comeback

40 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Much like Bostic after the 2014 loss, I don't know how GB can bring King back into the locker room after how he played today.  King hitting FA and moving on is probably best for everyone involved.

He already moved on. Last week also his attitude was horrible on field. 

He was like these guys are not paying me. Let me just play the season without any injury and get the fucx out of here. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Great, no one has said otherwise. We do have people in here saying that Rodgers wasn't part of the problem though. That is an issue. 

Maybe so but there are way bigger fish to fry in the blame game for this loss than Rodgers.  He could of done a few things better/different no doubt but there were others who for sure were a bigger disappointment.

Just now, coachbuns said:

Maybe so but there are way bigger fish to fry in the blame game for this loss than Rodgers.  He could of done a few things better/different no doubt but there were others who for sure were a bigger disappointment.

Like who? 

We've already blasted King.

Nobody seems interested in tearing into Jones. 

LaFleur seems to be getting a pass.

We average 2.6 points per drive and gave away 14. The offense needs to own a lot of this. 

Like who? 

We've already blasted King.

Nobody seems interested in tearing into Jones. 

LaFleur seems to be getting a pass.

We average 2.6 points per drive and gave away 14. The offense needs to own a lot of this. 

Jones is gone .. nice but puked the ball up twice today ... bad.  LaFleur didn't have the balls to go for it ... bad.  OL tackles got ate up today on pass rush ... bad.  Secondary entire first half sucked ... bad.  Didn't run the ball enough ... bad.  Special teams coverage units and punting sucked ... bad.  There, that should take care of a few problems; lost today to a team they should have beat.  

PackersWire -

In the second quarter, the Packers had a chance to answer the Bucs’ second touchdown and tie the game at 14. After a long drive, Rodgers threw three incompletions from the 6-yard line and the Packers settled for a field goal. On first down, Davante Adams received single coverage and had a back-shoulder opportunity in the end zone, but the All-Pro receiver couldn’t make the catch. It’s a play Rodgers and Adams hit 99 out of 100 times. The miss ended up costing the Packers four points.

In the fourth quarter, the Packers had a chance to tie the game again. Three more shots from inside the 10-yard line, three more misses. Once again, Matt LaFleur sent the field goal unit on for three points. Without much doubt, the Packers’ earlier failure in the red zone played a role in LaFleur kicking another field goal even though he was down eight points late in the game.

The Packers were 2-for-4 scoring touchdowns in the red zone after scoring on 80 percent of opportunities in the regular season. The two field goals from inside the 10-yard line accounted for eight lost points. The Packers lost by five.

Even after scoring back-to-back touchdowns in the third quarter, the Packers threw away more points when Equanimeous St. Brown dropped the ball on a two-point conversion attempt.

Any assessment of the Packers offense has to include the two-possession stretch following interceptions from Jaire Alexander that resulted in two three-and-outs.

King was awful this game. Had one nice TFL but otherwise awful. And I'm someone who's always defended him.

I don't quite understand the doomsayers saying this was our last shot. Like yeah, it's football, it's quite possible this was our last best shot. But I don't think losing Jones, Linsley and King, even if we lose all three of them, is some kind of death sentence. If those three guys were on IR this year, I think we'd still be pretty good. Count in some development from the current group and I think this is still a good team. Doesn't make this loss any less gutwrenching of course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Jones is gone .. nice but puked the ball up twice today ... bad.  LaFleur didn't have the balls to go for it ... bad.  OL tackles got ate up today on pass rush ... bad.  Secondary entire first half sucked ... bad.  Didn't run the ball enough ... bad.  Special teams coverage units and punting sucked ... bad.  There, that should take care of a few problems; lost today to a team they should have beat.  

Still won't comment on Rodgers though?somebody needs to take the hit for the wheels falling off the offense in the 4th quarter.