NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

2 hours ago, persiandud said:

Wow, that was rude! Agree to disagree, I guess. 

I did say in that post that we are getting tougher and more resilient.

But these are the FACTS: 

We could not run the ball AT ALL

We could not pass protect well enough 

We could not rush the passer well enough 

We lost in the trenches on both sides of the ball! It happened last season, and it happened again this season. I'm sick of it. We get all the way to this stage TWICE and we are the softer football team. Lowkey want Rodgers to move to SF just so yall can see what I'm talking about, but my love for this team is 100000000000x stronger than my pettiness. At least we're getting better 

Dude if you’re looking at this game and drawing any comparison to what happened last year then I don’t know what to tell you. We lost yesterday because of lack of situational awareness on our coaching staff and that’s it. Saying our players are soft is dumb as rocks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Dude if you’re looking at this game and drawing any comparison to what happened last year then I don’t know what to tell you. We lost yesterday because of lack of situational awareness on our coaching staff and that’s it. Saying our players are soft is dumb as rocks.

^^^

Yesterday was so massively different than the '16 and '19 championship games. This team wasn't greatly overmatched. They just did the exact same thing they did in their other three losses and played stupid, sloppy football, and dug themselves a hole too deep to escape. 

2 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

Up until this game, I think the Packers defense on 3rd and long (7+ yards) was actually rated one of the best in the NFL in terms of percentage of first downs allowed....but they failed miserably in the first half.  We still need one more strong interior lineman with pass rushing skills.  You have to collapse the pocket from the inside on Brady.  The refs also really let the teams play which played into the hands of the Bucs.  Their has a lot of holding going on by both teams but when your three interior lineman hold its an advantage for a quarterback that is not mobile.  It also helps defensives that like to be aggressive in the back end and hold or grab receivers on the break.  The Bucs did a lot more of that and got away with it.  Again....advantage Bucs.

Really?  To me, until recently, it seemed like we had issues getting off the field on 3rd down...

2 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

When you get to the playoffs, the refs tend to put away the flags.  If I were the Packers you have to take note of that tendency and get the right players and defensive scheme to take advantage of that.  You might get called for a lot of defensive holding penalties during the regular season, but you benefit from having a more aggressive defensive backfield in the playoffs because the refs just are not calling the grabs and holds on receivers as much...unless they are blatant like King's hold. 

I watched the game again last night and one team clearly benefited from the refs keeping their flags in their pockets...the Bucs.  King should be able to play that style, but he just looks like he is the same player now that he was as a rookie.  His poor footwork on that play that resulted in that holding penalty at the end of the game is what got him in trouble.

I'd like to know why the refs would call playoff games differently than in the regular season.  Isn't a penalty a penalty?  And if we are grabbing and mugging in the regular season we might not win enough games to get to the post season.  Is it too much to ask for the officials to be consistent?

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

Aaron Jones had a good career here but yesterday proved he's not worth Cook, Kamara money. King is a typical bad TT CB pick. Should've just paid Breeland and let this clown walk. I just don't know how this team completes next season. No money key cuts coming.

I get sick to my stomach when I think back when TT passed on TJ Watt for King.  🤢

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

His teammates and coaches did enough to win the game also if Rodgers plays up to his standards. This was a team loss. 

Yeah, on the one hand he had 3 possessions off brady turnovers to make a few plays and cement the game.

On the other hand, he made plays in the first half that were not reciprocated by davante, lazard, mike Pettine, and then coming out of half the fumble by Jones was killer.

Refs missing the call on the Rodgers-Lazard INT was a big play.  Dropping the first possible INT right before the hail mary was a missed chance to avoid the worst play of the game.  And then there was the pettin-ing

Overall, the Bucs just stacked small incremental advantages slowly over the course of the game by making big plays and getting some nice plays to go their way.  This culminated in a game state which was too much to overcome in the late 4th quarter. 

I don't think the kick/go decision on 4th and goal from the 9 played a large part in the game outcome.  Maybe it's akin to an incompletion or a run for -1 yards at some point, but it's hardly a turnover-level impact on their chances to win.  The chances were already quite slim by that point.

1 hour ago, Striker said:

While the DL pressure (and lack of giving help for whatever ******* reason) played a factor, I thought one of the fastest ways for the Packers to lose was run any kind of horizontal game vs. a defense you can beat deep. Naturally, they did just that.

The biggest problem for us yesterday was not being successful running the ball.  Against the Rams the ability of our RBs to get decent yardage kept that defense honest and gave AR more time in the pocket with play-action.

22 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Yeah, on the one hand he had 3 possessions off brady turnovers to make a few plays and cement the game.

On the other hand, he made plays in the first half that were not reciprocated by davante, lazard, mike Pettine, and then coming out of half the fumble by Jones was killer.

Refs missing the call on the Rodgers-Lazard INT was a big play.  Dropping the first possible INT right before the hail mary was a missed chance to avoid the worst play of the game.  And then there was the pettin-ing

Overall, the Bucs just stacked small incremental advantages slowly over the course of the game by making big plays and getting some nice plays to go their way.  This culminated in a game state which was too much to overcome in the late 4th quarter. 

I don't think the kick/go decision on 4th and goal from the 9 played a large part in the game outcome.  Maybe it's akin to an incompletion or a run for -1 yards at some point, but it's hardly a turnover-level impact on their chances to win.  The chances were already quite slim by that point.

You and I see this pretty much the exact same way. 

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

Why couldn't we run the ball? 

34 minutes ago, persiandud said:

Why couldn't we run the ball? 

Aaron jones did get hurt, that was a factor in the run/pass percentages.  Also the packers were losing, often by multiple scores for a huge portion of the game.  It's possible to run and play tempo, but this team hasn't been doing that all year.