NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

I said it in the game day thread, I think this Bucs team is over rated. They play good, get hyped up by everyone, then lay a stinker. They beat up weak teams to end the year, squeaked by Washington, squeaked by NO. They'll get hyped all week by the media, people on here, everyone will be referring back to the week 6 game. I just don't see it, maybe call it a feeling, call it whatever, but I just don't see Brady playing well Sunday. If it wasn't for the Saints giving Tampa turnovers and short fields, I think NO wins that game. Or have a QB that can throw over 20 yards, there's a reason Winston threw the ball on that trick play, they knew Brees couldn't get it there.

GB - 33

TB - 23

Well, I re-watched the “condensed game” of the regular season matchup. 

Overall, not as bad as I remembered, our first two scoring drives looked better than I recalled. Some hopeful things from the game:

-Josh Jackson was in for King, and they picked on him a lot. 

-I also saw Burks a lot. Not sure why he played so much, but having Burks out there is never a good thing. 
-The first real 2 TD drives were TDs off of 3rd and longs, we just needed two plays in the Red zone to keep this from being a blowout—so close yet so far.  Our 3rd and long D has been great as of late. 
-Of course, we lost Bak at some point and although we won’t have him this game either, it’s much harder when you have to adjust o-line mid game. 
-Both Williams and Jones struggled in pass protection which is unusual for us.  Hopefully, watching tape of this one, they will focus on that this week. 
-we played our usual ****ty STs game but they couldn’t really exploit it. 
-we kept trying to run outside, which seems like an odd idea given the speed of their LBs. 

-the zebras clearly missed an offsides on the second Rodgers pick, FWIW. 

On the downside (apart from the obvious getting trounced by 4 TDs):

-Rodgers was running for his life all game, unlike anything we’ve seen this year. Even with Bak in there.  Can’t understand his thought process on the picks, maybe he was feeling it even though we were ahead. 
-on the few shot plays we took, Tampa had them well covered. 
-Even with Gronk just plodding along, there is a real connection there that is successful even when Gronk is well-covered. Don’t know how you stop it. 

Again, I feel a little better now that I’ve watched it.  Bottom line:  CAN NOT GIVE THEM SHORT FIELDS. 

30 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Well, I re-watched the “condensed game” of the regular season matchup. 

Overall, not as bad as I remembered, our first two scoring drives looked better than I recalled. Some hopeful things from the game:

-Josh Jackson was in for King, and they picked on him a lot. 

-I also saw Burks a lot. Not sure why he played so much, but having Burks out there is never a good thing. 
-The first real 2 TD drives were TDs off of 3rd and longs, we just needed two plays in the Red zone to keep this from being a blowout—so close yet so far.  Our 3rd and long D has been great as of late. 
-Of course, we lost Bak at some point and although we won’t have him this game either, it’s much harder when you have to adjust o-line mid game. 
-Both Williams and Jones struggled in pass protection which is unusual for us.  Hopefully, watching tape of this one, they will focus on that this week. 
-we played our usual ****ty STs game but they couldn’t really exploit it. 
-we kept trying to run outside, which seems like an odd idea given the speed of their LBs. 

-the zebras clearly missed an offsides on the second Rodgers pick, FWIW. 

On the downside (apart from the obvious getting trounced by 4 TDs):

-Rodgers was running for his life all game, unlike anything we’ve seen this year. Even with Bak in there.  Can’t understand his thought process on the picks, maybe he was feeling it even though we were ahead. 
-on the few shot plays we took, Tampa had them well covered. 
-Even with Gronk just plodding along, there is a real connection there that is successful even when Gronk is well-covered. Don’t know how you stop it. 

Again, I feel a little better now that I’ve watched it.  Bottom line:  CAN NOT GIVE THEM SHORT FIELDS. 

If I recall Rodgers was getting hammered after he threw almost every time, even when we got the 2 score lead early.  We are not the same team we were in October.  And I agree - NO TURNOVERS.  Turnovers is what doomed NO yesterday.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

If I recall Rodgers was getting hammered after he threw almost every time, right from the getgo.  We are not the same team we were in October.  And I agree - NO TURNOVERS.  Turnovers is what doomed NO yesterday.