Hindsight 2020 Tannehill vs Brady Debate

Titans fan 617

Here’s all I want from somebody that wants to replace Tannehill. A list of viable QB targets that fit a win-now team and would give us a better chance at a Super Bowl than Ryan does. Because we’re staring down a bad QB draft where we’ll be picking in the mid-20s.

My entire list is Aaron Rodgers. I can’t think of a single other QB that has even the slightest chance of being available that increases my optimism.

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Yeah it is hilarious. Good thing not a single person is even insinuating that. 

But playing even a smidge better than Tannehill is? I like his odds

and you are the one who says I make up arguments lol

so your argument is that not signing brady was a mistake at the time because he'd be playing slightly better than tannehill right now?

like, titans0021 said it earlier. in hindsight, sure, i can see that. at the time, he looked like he was on the decline and frankly he's had a better supporting cast all the way through in tampa so it's still not clear to me that he would've taken us to the promised land the two years prior to this. ffs, the guy got dragged kicking and screaming through an nfc championship where he was as much of a turnover machine as we've ever seen tannehill be. do you think we've had the team to withstand that at any point the last three years?

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Here’s all I want from somebody that wants to replace Tannehill. A list of viable QB targets that fit a win-now team and would give us a better chance at a Super Bowl than Ryan does. Because we’re staring down a bad QB draft where we’ll be picking in the mid-20s.

My entire list is Aaron Rodgers. I can’t think of a single other QB that has even the slightest chance of being available that increases my optimism.

Or Watson I guess. Which, yikes, but I guess he should probably be on the list.

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It's Rodgers and Wilson, assuming you believe the rumors that the Seahawks may blow everything up and start over.

You mention Watson alter as well, but even assuming he got 100% cleared of his legal issues, the Texans would never trade him to us.

It's what I've said the entire time. If you can get a Rodgers or Wilson, do so. Kick Ryan to the curb.

Otherwise, you have a close to 0% chance of upgrading at QB.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Seriously, the fact that Brady has lost his starting receivers and is being shutout and just lost a fumble in the red zone is legit hilarious.

~4 ypa, an interception, and a fumble. literally tannehill's exact game, lol.

45 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yea the list is short. But I would at least see what it would take for Wilson or Rogers. It may not be possible, they may not even move. There obviously isn't just handfuls of SB qbs to grab. 

I am just saying that Tannehill ain't that dude. The bigger sample size we see and the reality of life without the dominant Henry as we knew may be coming.  The chances of everything aligning perfectly with Tannehill ain't worth betting on. Those chances seem to be getting slimmer and slimmer. And it is painful to watch us be just not good enough to win a Super Bowl. 

Compile draft picks in some sort of way so you can find or move up in the following year's draft. Trade an asset. Find a qb that slips. Think a year ahead. Yea we may have to roll with him next year. But start to think about the possibility of the future without Tannehill.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Don’t care what anyone says, we have Brady we win 

And this is what I meant when I said stick with Tannehill too long. 

Yeah Tanny had just taken us to the AFC championship game after a great season. 

But we fired Mularkey in the same way. 

You can't tell me Brady wouldn't have come to play with Vrabel if he really wanted him. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And this is what I meant when I said stick with Tannehill too long. 

Yeah Tanny had just taken us to the AFC championship game after a great season. 

But we fired Mularkey in the same way. 

You can't tell me Brady wouldn't have come to play with Vrabel if he really wanted him. 

Oh absolutely. I still believe that if we wanted him, he’d be a Titan and we’d likely have a SB by now but…