Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach

Kiltman

Just now, Scalamania said:

I'm just spit-balling on a staff here but I can see him bringing Steichen as his OC and Baker or Borgonzi as his DC.

I'd be super down for that. Wonder if he'd let Steichen do the playcalling. Chargers offense was pretty solid last year and Steichen did an amazing job with Herbert who is similarly to Wentz a talented QB. Just need Wentz to be agreeable.

Just now, Danger said:

I'd be super down for that. Wonder if he'd let Steichen do the playcalling. Chargers offense was pretty solid last year and Steichen did an amazing job with Herbert who is similarly to Wentz a talented QB. Just need Wentz to be agreeable.

I'm just connecting dots from previous stops of his, it'll be interesting to see what direction he goes in and how quickly he can fill out a staff. 

I like this hire. New, young coach from the newly found Reich tree who was fantastic for us. Personable but very tough, won't let people get away with things like Doug did and will hold the team accountable. Obviously the big questions are what is the plan at QB and who are the coordinators gunna be. If he can bring in solid coaches this could be a really good hire.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m glad I don’t have to talk myself into McDaniels.

I don’t know much about him but what I’ve read, he sounds like a good fit.

I kinda wish it was Duce. Weird how we never even talked to Bienemy.

im just mad I’m gonna misspell his name for months 

Siri - anni

That's how I learned it. Just realized it's misspelled in the thread title. Gonna fix.

Solid, hard to formulate too much of an opinion.

He really seemed like the happy medium of their shortlist on offense.
More experience than Brady, Moore....less baggage than McDaniels.
Somewhere between Duce and Brady/Moore on command of a room it seems.

I feel for Duce. Former and current players love him, and I wouldn't have minded giving him a chance especially considering there was rumors that he impressed Lurie with his potential staff choices. Duce probably thought Doug was a moron  😂

If this is the end of his time in Philly, thank you Duce, will definitely be missed.

Just now, DeJack_10 said:

I feel for Duce. Former and current players love him, and I wouldn't have minded giving him a chance especially considering there was rumors that he impressed Lurie with his potential staff choices. Duce probably thought Doug was a moron  😂

If this is the end of his time in Philly, thank you Duce, will definitely be missed.

I wouldn't rule out Duce maybe being OC, certainly far from a sure bet though. Sirianni is more intune with the Passing game, having Duce's knowledge of the running game could be a good balance.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Given the situation we're currently in and how desirable this job was. I'm pretty content with this hire. 

I really don't think Joe Brady was ready for a head coaching job, but he would've had potential. 
McDaniels is a joke.

Brady would have been a year early, but I think he is going to be a great head coach down the line and our 2021 season is looking bad as is so I was good on the sacrifice...

I like this hire though, good blend of what we need. He needs a good staff though. 

I wouldn't rule out Duce maybe being OC, certainly far from a sure bet though. Sirianni is more intune with the Passing game, having Duce's knowledge of the running game could be a good balance.

Agreed. That would be awesome I think. He might want to bounce being how many times he’s been passed up though 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Agreed. That would be awesome I think. He might want to bounce being how many times he’s been passed up though 

If he still moves up the ladder, he's moving closer even if slowly. I don't think any other team is going to give him a comparable job in the short term.

I mean he survived 2 HC changes, heading to his 3rd now. I would definitely be open to that, personally. I want to see him get some coordinator experience and be a HC someday.