Broncos Free Agency Thread

AnAngryAmerican

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I have a hard time not seeing a trade down if we don't go qb. I also think running back is a bigger need than people think as well as linebacker especially if Lindsay gets an original round tender.

Hearing that the charges of DUI against Gordon being dropped doesn't mean the NFL won't punish him, given that ,I don't see Lindsey getting an original round tender, he's a two-time 1000yd rusher, 2nd-rd tender at best/worst.

Strnad seems to still be in Fangio's good graces so that put less pressure on getting Collins, but if we do trade down, he's one of the targets I expect the Broncos to look at hard, a true 3-down LB. Watching the vid on him, he does remind me a bit of a more athletic Gradishar.

Edited by Cutler06

5 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Hearing that the charges of DUI against Gordon being dropped doesn't mean the NFL won't punish him, given that ,I don't see Lindsey getting an original round tender, he's a two-time 1000yd rusher, 2nd-rd tender at best/worst.

Strnad seems to still be in Fangio's good graces so that put less pressure on getting Collins, but if we do trade down, he's one of the targets I expect the Broncos to look at hard, a true 3-down LB. Watching the vid on him, he does remind me a bit of a more athletic Gradishar.

I don't know if Shurmer is all that high on Lindsay seem to see a lot of chattering about only an original round tender on him I hope you're right.

• Like 1

Having two capable back is needed even though you could see Gordon get better with each carry he got last year.  But...you know...I am okay with the Shanahan philosopher of just wearing down a running back until there is nothing left of him.  Olandis Gary comes to mind...dude running around on a torn ACL.  

18 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Having two capable back is needed even though you could see Gordon get better with each carry he got last year.  But...you know...I am okay with the Shanahan philosopher of just wearing down a running back until there is nothing left of him.  Olandis Gary comes to mind...dude running around on a torn ACL.  

I agree and Paton comes from an organization who drafted AP at pick 7 and Dalvin Cook the second round so clearly he may value the position. Those were two players worthy of the pick.

I see that North Carolina back mocked In the first now what if he falls too our pick in the second?

One easy call - as long as the price is right (IE cheap) I expect Paton will sniff on bringing in another Bear for Fangio’s D.   Vet Min rotation guy who knows the system and has a little upside.   

Edited by Broncofan

10 hours ago, broncos67 said:

If we're going to spend anywhere, I hope it's on CBs + Simmons + Shelby. Would be the best thing we could do. I would also hope we draft a bunch of defensive players, but I think we need some reliable veteran CB play. I wouldn't hesitate to double up at CB.

I like William Jackson III, but he's probably going to be the top CB on the market and I don't think it's worth paying him what that designation will command. 

Awuzie, Troy Hill, Mackenzie Alexander, Desmond King, Bashaud Breeland, Xavier Rhodes are all guys I could see us taking a look at.

I'd like to see us go out and spend money on a corner. Callahan is kinda a slot guy and then you've got a bunch of unproven question marks. Also in recent years we keep drafting CBs on day 2 of the draft and they always get abused as rookies by QBs. I like Surtain and Farley, but I'd almost rather bring in a vet and then draft a front 7 guy than watch another rookie corner get picked on by bang average QBs like Derek Carr.

46 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Farley has already had significant injuries I don't get the love for him. I think you can get a guy with a similar ceiling and healthier question marks later on.

This and opting out of last season. I want no players to be drafted to our team that did that because on the inside, they're Jawaun James.

9 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

This and opting out of last season. I want no players to be drafted to our team that did that because on the inside, they're Jawaun James.

I can't compare them to James they could have done it bc their stock wasn't in stone. James walked away from 13 million huge difference. You do have to do your homework but I'm not flat out taking them off my board.

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I can't compare them to James they could have done it bc their stock wasn't in stone. James walked away from 13 million huge difference. You do have to do your homework but I'm not flat out taking them off my board.

Underclassmen that opted out, I don't think there is enough tape on them unless they started their freshman years.

Seniors that opted out with at least 2 years of tape, I can agree with not taking off the board.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Seniors that opted out with at least 2 years of tape, I can agree with not taking off the board.

I'm saying it's not even as big as a factor probably maybe beneficial honestly less tread. Juwan James opted out for 13 million that's like a whole rookie deal almost lol huge differenc.

15 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Riley Reiff just came on the market, if we can find anyone to take James, I'd make that switch anytime. 

Not unless we signed Reiff and traded James, but Reiff would have to be willing to play RT and we would save only 1 million by trading James and his 13 million and signing Reiff for 12 million.

28 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Riley Reiff just came on the market, if we can find anyone to take James, I'd make that switch anytime. 

Does Forrest Lamp have any potential? I remember everyone wanted him in that draft idk how cheap he'll be never really followed him. I remember everyone applauded the Chargers for having both feeny and lamp and both have seemed to been busts.

15 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Does Forrest Lamp have any potential? I remember everyone wanted him in that draft idk how cheap he'll be never really followed him. I remember everyone applauded the Chargers for having both feeny and lamp and both have seemed to been busts.

Some people love lamp

• Like 1