Broncos Free Agency Thread

AnAngryAmerican

Darby, if he stays healthy, is a very strong signing. But the injury history is obviously a concern given Callahan's inability to stay healthy. I'd like to see us snag another veteran CB. Shoring up that position going into the draft would be beyond wise so we can operate freely.

• Like 2

I much prefer Darby to Rhodes. 3 years younger, much better athlete and he has never been as bad as Xavier was that last year in Minny. He was literally unplayable. Yes, he bounced back last season but guys who have shown such a low-low are really scary to me. Especially on multi year deals. And yes, Darby has had down years. I know that. But nothing like Rhodes. 

• Like 2

Original round tender for Lindsay. They’re moving on and I get it, he just doesn’t really fit the offense and is a liability on pass downs. I think we got the best of Lindsay in 2018-2019 and he’ll be a complimentary guy for the rest of his career. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Original round tender for Lindsay. They’re moving on and I get it, he just doesn’t really fit the offense and is a liability on pass downs. I think we got the best of Lindsay in 2018-2019 and he’ll be a complimentary guy for the rest of his career. 

It's dumb if you ask me you tender him for a second and trade him I'm sure a team would gladly give up a 4th rounder maybe even a third if multiple suitors.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

It's dumb if you ask me you tender him for a second and trade him I'm sure a team would gladly give up a 4th rounder maybe even a third if multiple suitors.

Very unlikely a small RB you have to pay would bring much in a trade, maybe a 7th.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rcpbawler said:

3.4m is a good chunk of change for a small RB with injury history and probably won't get more than 10 touches a game. 2nd round tender was a little too rich imo.

Devontee booker just got two years 6 million and he's had like zero success lol. I think it's more doing right by Lindsay and letting him test the market.

Edited by thebestever6

Both FA signings were solid.  Denver was in a corner here.  DL/CB, after QB, are the teams biggest needs.

I think both Harris and Darby were slightly overpaid, but both are solid signings that I am fine with.  Neither were home runs, both were doubles and that’s part of the process.  

• Like 2