Broncos Free Agency Thread

AnAngryAmerican

2 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Fitz to the WFT, Dalton to the Bears, Winston stays in New Orleans and perhaps most notably, Tyrod Taylor to Houston. 

Short of a trade, the vet QB market is down to Trubisky, Alex Smith or Brisset. 

Frick...I was hoping for a Trey Lance draft and Tyrod as his future backup. 

41 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Same. Lets offer him a 1 year 8.5m prove it deal and see how his knee has healed up. He would give us some serious speed at corner, along with Darby who is athletic as well. 

Jackson is allergic to tackling. I'd rather have Troy Hill as a more reliable slot option, or someone like Xavier Rhodes.

23 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Fitz to the WFT, Dalton to the Bears, Winston stays in New Orleans and perhaps most notably, Tyrod Taylor to Houston. 

Short of a trade, the vet QB market is down to Trubisky, Alex Smith or Brisset. 

And now Brissett just signed with Miami. Trubisky is really going to end up here isn't he? What a mess if that's the case. I mean none of these options is worth a damn, but sheesh.

1 minute ago, paul-mac said:

Brissett to the Miami Dolphins.

I really think Trubisky ends up in Denver. 

I think it's going to be Alex Smith.  Alex Smith will be a good stopgap for Lock, or whoever the Broncos draft this year as the QB, or next year.  

Plus, Alex Smith said he wants to go to a place where he has a "chance" to start.  He won't be bu++ hurt if he sits behind Lock or Lance. 

Edited by jsthomp2007

Just now, broncos67 said:

And now Brissett just signed with Miami. Trubisky is really going to end up here isn't he? What a mess if that's the case. I mean none of these options is worth a damn, but sheesh.

Trubisky on a one year prove it deal where Lock is the starter isn’t a bad shout. I think he’d be a high end backup. Mariota/Tannehill situation 

9 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Trubisky on a one year prove it deal where Lock is the starter isn’t a bad shout. I think he’d be a high end backup. Mariota/Tannehill situation 

I'd kick the tires on Mariotta over Trubisky.  

Edited by jsthomp2007
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

Jackson is allergic to tackling. I'd rather have Troy Hill as a more reliable slot option, or someone like Xavier Rhodes.

Is he that bad? I know last year was a down year for him, and we can all speculate as to why, but his first two years he had 8.8% missed tackle rate year 1 and 10% year 2. I don't think Jackson is a great tackler, but probably middle of the road. 

Edit: Should also add Troy Hill's past three years of missed tackles have been 10.5, 4.4, 10.5%. Xavier Rhodes were 8.7, 8.7, 6.0%

Edited by grizmo78

5 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Is he that bad? I know last year was a down year for him, and we can all speculate as to why, but his first two years he had 8.8% missed tackle rate year 1 and 10% year 2. I don't think Jackson is a great tackler, but probably middle of the road. 

He was injured most of last year looked rusty when he played. But Vic gets the most out of guys and he was always talent I was excited by his speed and his three cone coming out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Brissett to the Miami Dolphins.

I really think Trubisky ends up in Denver. 

It doesn’t eliminate the most likely candidate yet - but Dolphins signing Brissett is a move you make if you are committing to Tua or a rookie Rd1.   Not if you are targeting Watson.   

Still a white whale outcome but that signing is an interesting turn of events.