Broncos Free Agency Thread

AnAngryAmerican

Just now, Cutler06 said:

Broncos do not pick up Kareem's option, freeing up $7.1M in cap. Paton doesn't look stong in thecontract restructure area so far.

He's 33 years old with a ton of tread on the tires I have no fault for him here. Kareem is probably worth that on a legit superbowl contender. 

Saving almost 8 mill gotta see what he does with it.

3 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Well, it does open the door to Will Park to return, he and Justin do have some chemistry and Will will be cheaper and better longevity for the team. 

Bleh. Will is nicer in theory than reality. As a depth guy, love to have him. As a starter, hard pass.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Hate seeing Jackson leave though.  He’s older and last year was more reckless than the previous year, but he’s still one of the better safeties in the league.  Hope he goes to a contender. 

Really hate this move when you consider they only had to spend 1.5 million on the option and could have figured out the rest of his money later. He’s not going to be easy to replace.

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

Really hate this move when you consider they only had to spend 1.5 million on the option and could have figured out the rest of his money later. He’s not going to be easy to replace.

Well, it's not just $1.5, his salary is like $11M, add in Simmons and Darby's salary would make that one expensive secondary.

24 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Devontee booker just got two years 6 million and he's had like zero success lol. I think it's more doing right by Lindsay and letting him test the market.

booker is coming off a solid season with the raiders while lindsay is coming off his worst. I like lindsay but it's a lot to spend on a backup RB that doesn't contribute at all in the passing game and is small.

2 minutes ago, rcpbawler said:

booker is coming off a solid season with the raiders while lindsay is coming off his worst. I like lindsay but it's a lot to spend on a backup RB that doesn't contribute at all in the passing game and is small.

Lindsay had a comparable season too booker I think he had more yards rushing. And that was his worm injured year.

If duke johnson can go for a third I don't see how Lindsay couldn't go for a 5th. 

6 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Jackson has always had an Emmanuel Sanders feel in denver for me.  Both just ridiculous competitors.  

Just now, germ-x said:

Jackson has always had an Emmanuel Sanders feel in denver for me.  Both just ridiculous competitors.  

Yup by far my favorite player of the last couple years. Just really fun to watch. Crazy that a guy who would even be undersized at corner has that kind of longevity with his playing style.   

So maybe this was the year he breaks down. It’s certainly possible. But right now it’s hard to feel good about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Yup by far my favorite player of the last couple years. Just really fun to watch. Crazy that a guy who would even be undersized at corner has that kind of longevity with his playing style.   

So maybe this was the year he breaks down. It’s certainly possible. But right now it’s hard to feel good about it. 

Yeah.  It’s more sentiment for me.  Even if Denver makes a huge move at QB, they’re still not likely to be SB contenders this season.  Jackson has been my favorite player since he’s been signed, but I fully understand the move.