Broncos Free Agency Thread

AnAngryAmerican

2 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Can't find a source online anywhere that Vannett was released.

Hopefully Albert O comes back from his ACL, I think Fant and Albert O could be the best young two TE set in football.

Vannett hasn’t been cut yet but Paton would be crazy not to.  

12 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Jackson $13m a year, we got Fuller for $9.5m and he’s a much better corner 

I was surprised how much Jackson got. I think he's extremely underrated and had a great season on an awful team, but that was big boy money. Fuller, and arguably Darby tbh, are better deals.

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

I was surprised how much Jackson got. I think he's extremely underrated and had a great season on an awful team, but that was big boy money. Fuller, and arguably Darby tbh, are better deals.

Gettleman is bad at overpaying in the FA market.   Solder 2 year ago, Golladay & Jackson went way above the rest of the market (at least Golladay was arguably the top WR available to start the FA period  - Adoree was the best one left but no way he was even top 3-4 imo).    

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Gettleman is bad at overpaying in the FA market.   Solder 2 year ago, Golladay & Jackson went way above the rest of the market (at least Golladay was arguably the top WR available to start the FA period  - Adoree was the best one left but no way he was even top 3-4 imo).    

I was talking about William Jackson in this post, though Adoree Jackson getting $13MM/year is...yikes. IMO.

7 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I was talking about William Jackson in this post, though Adoree Jackson getting $13MM/year is...yikes. IMO.

Yeah, William Jackson could be argued as the top FA CB but 4-5M better than Darby / Fuller?   As for Adoree being a top CB....not so much LOL. 

Edited by Broncofan

Man, I really hope CHI makes a splash move for a QB with us and moves up from 1.20 to 1.9.   Their whole offseason is moving the wrong way.    I like Attachou as a 3rd rusher alongside Quinn, but other than Attachou, these are their FA moves:

Dalton - QB 

Re-signed Ifedi - T

Signed Elijah Wilkinson - swing G/T

Signed CB Desmond Trufant to replace Kyle Fuller

That's not exactly a massive upgrade, on a team that outperformed its talent to an improbable 2nd place finish.  If there's a team set up to go 5-6W's and get a top 10 pick out of all the playoff teams from last year who might trade up for 1.9, it's Chicago.

• Like 1

Loved reading the last 15 or so pages boys. Truly think this is the best spot on the internet to consume Broncos takes. It's crazy. I absolutely love twitter for nuggets related stuff, but think the broncos community on there sucks lol. We somehow got the best minds in here.

Few thoughts .... I was giving my guy @broncos67 crap on twitter about Phil Lindsay...I'm really bummed obviously just because I'm a Denver and CU guy. And I was hoping he'd at least get a bigger bag. So it's unfortunate to see him go to a dead franchise for minimal money. Tough gig after being undrafted man. I get why he isn't a fit here, but it's a huge bummer to me emotionally. I will give Gordon his due for the second half of the season. He played well. He's fine. Hope we draft someone.

I just love that we are in a place of flexibility going into the draft. Filled the corner hole. Would have been nice to get Fuller on multiple years, but seems like he wanted to bet on himself with Fangio. Credit there to Fangio and his past successes.

Getting Simmons and Harris locked up is huge to me. You saw it with the interviews. There straight up needed to be a culture shift in Denver and paying your homegrown guys (awesome dudes) is a great way to build that goodwill. Dove Valley had soured. Love what Paton is doing here thus far.

Good to not see us overpay dudes massively in FA. Feels like it's always a bad way to approach things 

• Like 3

Just now, BowserBroncos said:

With their roster, he is their starting RT. Awful offseason for the Bears.

Honestly, the sweetest news we could get on Draft Day is a Chicago trade up to 1.9 for Mac Jones for 1.20, 2022 1st and anything else is gravy.   Such a good chance to land a top 10 pick next year and still address a key need.

• Like 2