Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Yeah exactly. There’s so much ‘fake news’ out there in all walks of life not just sports. Very difficult to sieve through the crap to find the truth. I do like the fact JD has kept it water tight at the club which has stopped all those pathetic leaks and media drops.

Manish the rat being fired helps too!!! 

That was the biggest problem they had. 

The thing is, after the early firestorm things have quieted down a bit (which is completely normal and understandable). Teams interested in Watson are now going to pretend they are less interested in him due to the asking price, so we are hearing quotes from various teams talking about sticking with their guy (Denver did it with Lock, SF did it with Garoppolo, not sure we officially did that with Darnold but obviously keeping him is an easy decision because of his salary, draft pedigree and new regime), et al. Just like we are hearing about how Indy and Chicago might be prepared to move on from the Wentz talks. It's the only leverage a team with a need or want at QB has. Play the game of chicken and wait it out. 

That all said, since the early Watson trade talks, the Texans have released J.J. Watt. Do you think that makes Watson more or less inclined to report for training camp??? 

Watson is definitely going to be dealt, so maybe by sticking with our guy (for now), not giving him that fifth-year option and just going forward with the assumption Darnold is the future, maybe that is the game of chicken that we have to play in order to eventually land Watson. Maybe.

The only scenario I like with regards to keeping Darnold is to eventually deal him to Houston for Watson. OR, if Houston refuses to meet our asking price (not theirs), play out 2021 with Darnold and set him free like Trubisky in 2020. And start over.

Wentz to Colts trade have little impact on any potential Waton deal.  I seriously doubt the Texans was thinking of COlts as a suitor for Watson.  I think the Jets, Bears, 49ers, Panthers and Broncos are the top suitors for Watson.  Watson will be traded.  This comes down how interested the Texans are in current prospects and Sam Danold.   If Joe Douglas wants Deshaun Watson he will make the deal happen. Preferably without Darnold who can be dealt in a separate deal.

Edited by famousj

33 minutes ago, famousj said:

Wentz to Colts trade have little impact on any potential Waton deal.  I seriously doubt the Texans was thinking of COlts as a suitor for Watson.  I think the Jets, Bears, 49ers, Panthers and Broncos are the top suitors for Watson.  Watson will be traded.  This comes down how interested the Texans are in current prospects and Sam Danold.   If Joe Douglas wants Deshaun Watson he will make the deal happen. Preferably without Darnold who can be dealt in a separate deal.

I disagree. This just took another team out of the bid. Like I said before the longer the Texans wait the price drops more and more teams will want that #2 pick. Wentz did not even go for a first round pick. The second could turn into a first but it is still not a first round pick. Mariota is going to be moved and will drop another team out. Then if the Texans wait until after FA that would really kill all the value because FA want to know who the QB is. I don’t think the 49ers are interested at all. They like Jimmy G and his cheap contract. They guy is like 22-6 record. I think it is down to the Jets and Denver. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I disagree. This just took another team out of the bid. Like I said before the longer the Texans wait the price drops more and more teams will want that #2 pick. Wentz did not even go for a first round pick. The second could turn into a first but it is still not a first round pick. Mariota is going to be moved and will drop another team out. Then if the Texans wait until after FA that would really kill all the value because FA want to know who the QB is. I don’t think the 49ers are interested at all. They like Jimmy G and his cheap contract. They guy is like 22-6 record. I think it is down to the Jets and Denver. 

We still have time. This time allows teams including the Texans to adjust their offerings based on what others are doing. That said, the Watson situation is different than a salary dump by LA or Philly. I can understand losing a team or two, but Watson will be wanted by many teams that need a QB upgrade and have the money. 

14 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think he ends up in CAR, DEN or MIA honestly. 
And it’s Bc JD doesn’t want to pony up the picks. HOU wants to trade with us in the coming weeks... but a price can’t be agreed on.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think he ends up in CAR, DEN or MIA honestly. 
And it’s Bc JD doesn’t want to pony up the picks. HOU wants to trade with us in the coming weeks... but a price can’t be agreed on.

Miami is not in it. Houston wants them in it but I think they are like us. They looked and found the price and said no we will stick with Tua. It is probably down to just car and den. If one of them lose interest that means they will have to drop the price to bring some teams back in. They want the Jets or Miami in it and I just don’t see it.

36 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Miami is not in it. Houston wants them in it but I think they are like us. They looked and found the price and said no we will stick with Tua. It is probably down to just car and den. If one of them lose interest that means they will have to drop the price to bring some teams back in. They want the Jets or Miami in it and I just don’t see it.

Very well could be. MIA is in a similar situation as us. Except they have Tia under control for a lot longer than we have Darnold. So there’s no need for urgency from them.

Lots of fake reports, so hard to tell what’s real. Kept seeing yesterday that Watson is “aware” that the Jets if they traded for him couldn’t help him out a ton with weapons and such. Which is just false. We’d still have a ton of cap if we traded for him. And let’s say we did give up 3 1st for him. We’d still have a 1st either this year or next. Along with all our other picks. Which includes 34 this year. We’d also get a decent pick for trading Darnold. So that was an uneducated report.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Very well could be. MIA is in a similar situation as us. Except they have Tia under control for a lot longer than we have Darnold. So there’s no need for urgency from them.

Lots of fake reports, so hard to tell what’s real. Kept seeing yesterday that Watson is “aware” that the Jets if they traded for him couldn’t help him out a ton with weapons and such. Which is just false. We’d still have a ton of cap if we traded for him. And let’s say we did give up 3 1st for him. We’d still have a 1st either this year or next. Along with all our other picks. Which includes 34 this year. We’d also get a decent pick for trading Darnold. So that was an uneducated report.

Yup I saw that report and laughed. I think IF Watson is traded to New York you will have some FA that will take less to play with Watson i.e Allen Robinson. I don’t think we are that far off from an 8-8 season this year if we add Watson. Like you said we still have pick 34 and our other picks plus our picks next year. I think Saleh is a coach who will lift every player on the team better until Gase who struggled to get his players even to show up on game day. That right there is worth 3 wins then you add Watson for 2 more wins at least then you add your basic 3 wins that most teams get that puts us at 8. I also feel that the AFC east is a lot more open and I’m still not sold on Josh Allen. I think once the Bills sign him to a big contract he will pull a Wentz and fall apart. 

54 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I completely disagree with the notion that the 49ers want to keep Garoppolo. I think they want teams to believe they want to keep Jimmy G, but I would be 100% shocked if SF did not begin 2021 with a new starting quarterback. 

I think SF ultimately lands Watson or Prescott.

Prescott isn’t going anywhere. He will be a cowboy is some kind of way. But SF very well could be in the market for Watson. They’re just not drafting high, so the octave they’d have to give would be incredible. That’s what some need to realize. 

I think it will take 3-4 firsts plus a premium player or two for SF. If they land Watson they are immediately in contention for the NFC, so those picks won’t be nearly as good as ours or Miami

I think their best chance at getting him hinges on Watson trying to force his way there specifically. 

I think this whole Watson thing is the last on Douglas mind right now, I don' think they is any chance he is going to give away three first round picks to get a QB when he could get one with the second pick in the draft. An one of the picks, our # 2 is worth a fortune. He knows we have to many holes to fill to make a stupid move like that. 

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think it will take 3-4 firsts plus a premium player or two for SF. If they land Watson they are immediately in contention for the NFC, so those picks won’t be nearly as good as ours or Miami

I think their best chance at getting him hinges on Watson trying to force his way there specifically. 

I think JD is ok with giving up let’s say 3 1st for Watson and maybe even a tad more. I just think he’d want it spread out. Not giving up both 1st this year and both next year (I think that’s what HOU would ask for). He doesn’t want to not have any 1st for 2 years. If he could speed it out it makes sense. But I think HOU wants a quick return and quantity for Watson. 

We're the only team that can get them the best replacement possible. We can offer first round picks that can make a difference this and next season. If they go with someone else, they're not going to get as much.

Jimmy G is solid, but he had one legit season and is 29 right now. The Texans are clearly rebuilding, so I'm sure they're looking for a long term QB to build around. So the 49ers don't have a replacement QB or the picks that allows the Texans to draft their replacement. 

Miami is close, but Miami would have to give up more picks than us and pitch a QB they benched during the season to impress the Texans. That's going to be tough in a bidding war. 

Denver & Carolina are in the same boat. It just comes down to how much JD want Watson. No one else can compete with us. We have the scheme & coach people are interested in, major market, cap space, picks, and we can toss players like Mosley if we have to.