Now that Pettine is gone, who should be the new DC?

BluePacker

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I was just thinking about this. People seem to have concluded he won't interview anyone on those staffs, but the SB is only two days away. Couldn't he wait?

There's nothing to suggest they'll hire today anyways.  And they probably won't hire over the weekend.  I'd say we should probably know by Wednesday at the latest.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's nothing to suggest they'll hire today anyways.  And they probably won't hire over the weekend.  I'd say we should probably know by Wednesday at the latest.

I agree. They very probably want to interview someone on one of the Super Bowl teams. There's no rush at this point. Middle to end of next week is just fine. I just have a hunch about Larry Foote. (I'm probably wrong; usually am.) 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I agree. They very probably want to interview someone on one of the Super Bowl teams. There's no rush at this point. Middle to end of next week is just fine. I just have a hunch about Larry Foote. (I'm probably wrong; usually am.) 

Rob Demovsky tweeted yesterday that the Packers are about to do 2nd interviews. Surely that suggests we won't be considering anyone from the superbowl teams?

5 minutes ago, Chili said:

Rob Demovsky tweeted yesterday that the Packers are about to do 2nd interviews. Surely that suggests we won't be considering anyone from the superbowl teams?

I mean, there's nothing to prevent them from having initial interviews with candidates they didn't have the opportunity to interview before.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That would be so terrible ... I think he'd coordinated four defenses and was 32,32, 28 and 28th ranked or something pathetic.  

I mean, didn't LaFleur coach a bottom 10 offense in Tennessee?  And now he's a wunderkid.  Sometimes there's only so much you can do with limited resources.  It's not like that WFT was flush with talent when he was the DC.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Why not. I've done lots of interviewing. You can bring in another candidate anytime. Second interview might weed out out some, but doesn't stop you from bringing in a new candidate. The rules are whatever you want the rules to be. The main thing is to get the best candidate.