Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

4 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I understand what your saying. But what if they get the 49ers injury bug this year? Then you give the Lions a top 10 pick next year? Then what?

They could've gotten it with Goff as well. At the end of the day the Rams are in win now mode and Stafford gives them a chance to win now. He's a guy that in their offense can go drive for drive with Rodgers, Brady, and Wilson if needed too in a shoot out. Goff couldn't and they knew he'd never get them over the top. I'd rather go down swinging for a Super Bowl then sit on an average QB and pray for a run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Every year teams nosedive for various reasons.

I don't think anyone thought Houston would be surrendering a top 3 pick in the Tunsil trade.

Neither did we when we traded for RG. But yet it always seems to happen to teams trading futures.

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Can Goff supporters at least admit now that the tiny hands were an issue?

Carr's small hands are an issue as well. IIRC he's like 2-18 in games played when it's under 40 degrees and also leads the league in fumbles almost every season. 

baby-hands-closeup-shot-white-background

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They could've gotten it with Goff as well. At the end of the day the Rams are in win now mode and Stafford gives them a chance to win now. He's a guy that in their offense can go drive for drive with Rodgers, Brady, and Wilson if needed too in a shoot out. Goff couldn't and they knew he'd never get them over the top. I'd rather go down swinging for a Super Bowl then sit on an average QB and pray for a run.

I agree. I’m just saying one team wins it all every year. But realistically the teams that make it tend to have drafted their QB. For all the great teams the saints had with Brees they went once. I agree with every point made I’m just giving the other side.

The Rams are starting to look like Houston so top heavy and no depth. When you keep trading picks yes you have great top players but you are sacrificing a lot down the line. 

Edited by ripsean21

Just now, ripsean21 said:

I agree. I’m just saying one team wins it all every year. But realistically the teams that make it tend to have drafted their QB. For all the great teams the saints had with Brees they went once. I agree with every point made I’m just giving the other side.

Tampa Bay is in the Super Bowl this season taking the win now approach. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Tampa Bay is in the Super Bowl this season taking the win now approach. 

They didn’t trade anything for Brady! Brady’s at his tenth SB how many has Stafford even gotten close too?

Edited by ripsean21

I haven't read every single page.  However, I think it's unfair to hold it against Stafford for not winning a playoff game.  I agree he could have done better.  But at what one point in Stafford's career was that team ever considered one of the most talented in the NFC?  They are just there.  I can't even sit here and tell you one year where they obviously underachieved.  And outside of the top echelon players (and I agree Stafford isn't one), you aren't gonna be propelling a team that is inferior year-in and year-out to the playoffs.

This Rams team is probably the best one Stafford has ever played on.  Scratch that, not probably, it IS the best team he's played on.  And it is the only team he's ever been on that I can honestly say that if they don't make the playoffs, they underachieved.  

But Stafford is clearly good enough to be a playoff-winning QB.  I said this in another site but this reminds me of Carson Palmer.  Palmer never won a playoff game with the Bengals and had some years where he struggled, but you knew he was good enough.  And bam, he went to the Cardinals and had a very good run and led them to the NFC Championship game.  I don't see any reason why Stafford and the Rams can't do the same.  The situations are very similar to me.

EDIT - With that said, the Rams did give up a lot.  But if they make the playoffs and the picks fall in the late 20s... then it really isn't that big of a deal.  

Edited by iknowcool

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Carr's small hands are an issue as well. IIRC he's like 2-18 in games played when it's under 40 degrees and also leads the league in fumbles almost every season. 

baby-hands-closeup-shot-white-background

Burrow's got the same issue. He's got a ton of fans on here, like  70% in a poll said they're starting they're franchise with him over Lamar Jackson. It's like okay, this isn't college anymore. There's generally a good reason we have a mendoza line for things like ball velocity, hand size, height, weight, etc. at certain positions. Especially in a league thats only getting bigger and faster.

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

They didn’t trade anything for Brady! Brady’s at his tenth SB how many has Stafford even gotten close too?

Draft capital is extremely overrated. The Rams trading for Ramsey has paid huge dividends and I assume this trade will as well. Brady was also in an extremely good position his entire career in New England. When has Stafford ever had a great head coach or team around him? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I haven't read every single page.  However, I think it's unfair to hold it against Stafford for not winning a playoff game.  I agree he could have done better.  But at what one point in Stafford's career was that team ever considered one of the most talented in the NFC?  They are just there.  I can't even sit here and tell you one year where they obviously underachieved.  And outside of the top echelon players (and I agree Stafford isn't one), you aren't gonna be propelling a team that is inferior year-in and year-out to the playoffs.

This Rams team is probably the best one Stafford has ever played on.  Scratch that, not probably, it IS the best team he's played on.  And it is the only team he's ever been on that I can honestly say that if they don't make the playoffs, they underachieved.  

But Stafford is clearly good enough to be a playoff-winning QB.  I said this in another site but this reminds me of Carson Palmer.  Palmer never won a playoff game with the Bengals and had some years where he struggled, but you knew he was good enough.  And bam, he went to the Cardinals and had a very good run and led them to the NFC Championship game.  I don't see any reason why Stafford and the Rams can't do the same.  The situations are very similar to me.

he couldn’t win with Calvin Johnson, Sue and a top level quad!!! I think this is crazy so we hold not winning against a Dak or Romo or Manning but we can’t for Stafford?

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Burrow's got the same issue. He's got a ton of fans on here, like  70% in a poll said they're starting they're franchise with him over Lamar Jackson. It's like okay, this isn't college anymore. There's generally a good reason we have a mendoza line for things like ball velocity, hand size, height, weight, etc. at certain positions. Especially in a league thats only getting bigger and faster.

Lamar gets so much hate on here it's ridiculous. Some have even said that Jalen Hurts is head and shoulders above him as a QB right now. It's hilarious. 

But yeah small hands are a no go because in both conferences it's almost guaranteed that you are going to have to win a game on the road in the freezing cold/bad weather to get to the Super Bowl. 

Big hand kings stand up!

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Draft capital is extremely overrated. The Rams trading for Ramsey has paid huge dividends and I assume this trade will as well. Brady was also in an extremely good position his entire career in New England. When has Stafford ever had a great head coach or team around him? 

Draft capital is over rated but both teams in the SB have drafted the majority of their players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So Devin white, vea, Winfield JR, mike evans, Wirfs, David, Barrett. Hill Kelsey, thorn hill, Snead, Chris Jones, Mahomes Edwards helaire, Harmon, Fischer, no draft picks are seriously over rated!!!

6 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Draft capital is over rated but both teams in the SB have drafted the majority of their players. 

And the Buccaneers hadn't won a playoff game since 2003 until they acquired Brady, Fournette, Gronkowski, JPP, Suh, and Barrett the last couple of off-seasons to push their team over the top. 

Hell they had almost entirely the same exact team and coaching staff last year yet only won 7 games. 

Edited by NYRaider