Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

21 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I can't even sit here and tell you one year where they obviously underachieved.  And outside of the top echelon players (and I agree Stafford isn't one), you aren't gonna be propelling a team that is inferior year-in and year-out to the playoffs.

In 2013, sitting at 7-5, Lions can win Division with Cutler and Rodgers both injured. At worst, 2-2 gets them in the playoffs.

Philly Snow Bowl, 2nd half defense is a sieve and Stafford fumbles 5 times. L

Baltimore MNF, Stafford and Calvin are both terrible. Stafford leads late drive to take 1 pt lead. Defense allows long 3rd down conversion which leads to 61 yd Tucker FG. L

Lions were up 20-13 against the Giants with 5 minutes to go and 9 throws an awful pick 6. Giants win in OT, Lions eliminated from playoff contention. L

They lost the last game against Minny just for kicks. L

56% 2 TDs, 5 INTs 6.16 YPA and fumbles galore

There are no signature wins on Stafford's resume.

3 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

There are no signature wins on Stafford's resume.

None? Week 17 in 2011 against the Chargers to secure a playoff seed: Stafford goes 29/36 for 373 yards with 3 TDs and 0 INTs, and the Lions win 38-10.

Regardless, how many "signature wins" do bad teams usually grab?

Shocked at how upset Rams fans are honestly. Stafford was dragging absolute trash Lions teams to the playoffs a few times when they had no right being anywhere near it. Teaming with McVay with Stafford makes the Rams a legit SB contender. Happy for Stafford too really good situation for him if especially if the O-Line improves.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

None? Week 17 in 2011 against the Chargers to secure a playoff seed: Stafford goes 29/36 for 373 yards with 3 TDs and 0 INTs, and the Lions win 38-10.

Regardless, how many "signature wins" do bad teams usually grab?

My point is that he hasn't played many clean games in must-win situations. There are always miscues on his part outside of the team around him.

Just now, BofaDeez54927 said:

My point is that he hasn't played many clean games in must-win situations. There are always miscues on his part outside of the team around him.

Right, but how many bad teams find themselves in "must-win situations" late in a season/in the playoffs? The Lions' "must-win situations" are usually week 7.

"Always miscues on his part"? Really? Always? Bad running game, bad defense, bad offensive line, average weapons... I'd love for you to elaborate on how it always comes down to a Stafford miscue.

8 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

But, even then... talent? Sure, Calvin and Suh were elite players, but what else? No running game? An average-at-best offensive line? (I felt they were average-at-best. Most Lions' fans argued they were far worse.)

The team had a few great players and, really, not a lot else. If you made the "All Lions Team" for the last 12 years, with the best players from those teams on one roster, the 2021 Rams roster is probably better. Think about that.

But my point is while you guys developed those sure things I agree the coaches didn’t maximize the other players they selected. That’s the coaching and FO that’s not a void of talent you guys drafted talented RB’s OL and defenders. The fact the coaching staff never got the most out of them that’s a organizational issue. Players in the NFL are all crazy talented. And I agree with you the Rams are more talented. But are they any deeper then the Lions were? But for the sake of your post here’s the team

Stafford

Rb- Swift, Reggie bush, Kevin Smith, jahvid Best, Ridley

Wr- Calvin, Tate, Galloday, Jones, Burleson, Boldin

OL, Decker, Ragnow, Glasgow, warford, reiff, Schwartz

TE, pettigrew, Enron, Hockenson

DL suh, Fairley, Vanden Bosch, Avril, Ansah ngata, Ashawn Robinson

LB Byrnes,Van Noy Whitehead, copeland

DB- Slay, Quinn, Diggs

Like you talk about 10 years worth of players to match one team that’s better then the Rams man so that’s a silly take bud!!!!

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

But my point is while you guys developed those sure things I agree the coaches didn’t maximize the other players they selected. That’s the coaching and FO that’s not a void of talent you guys drafted talented RB’s OL and defenders. The fact the coaching staff never got the most out of them that’s a organizational issue. Players in the NFL are all crazy talented. And I agree with you the Rams are more talented. But are they any deeper then the Lions were? But for the sake of your post here’s the team

Stafford

Rb- Swift, Reggie bush, Kevin Smith, jahvid Best, Ridley

Wr- Calvin, Tate, Galloday, Jones, Burleson, Boldin

OL, Decker, Ragnow, Glasgow, warford, reiff, Schwartz

TE, pettigrew, Enron, Hockenson

DL suh, Fairley, Vanden Bosch, Avril, Ansah ngata, Ashawn Robinson

LB Byrnes,Van Noy Whitehead, copeland

DB- Slay, Quinn, Diggs

Like you talk about 10 years worth of players to match one team that’s better then the Rams man so that’s a silly take bud!!!!

Thanks for doing the work. Yeah, I'm not sure that's better than the Rams roster, and it took 12 years of players to get there.

I don't think anyone is saying that Stafford deserves a pass: if you're grading based on team success alone, sure, Stafford isn't good. Some just feel that it takes more than that to draw accurate conclusions about a player's ability.

• Like 1

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Thanks for doing the work. Yeah, I'm not sure that's better than the Rams roster, and it took 12 years of players to get there.

I don't think anyone is saying that Stafford deserves a pass: if you're grading based on team success alone, sure, Stafford isn't good. Some just feel that it takes more than that to draw accurate conclusions about a player's ability.

Trust me bud I think Stafford is amazing please don’t get that twisted I’m a Washington fan we have zilch there. And I only did that to say there were players some of which thrived away from Detroit. I get your takes I respect that view it’s a very realistic view because Stafford does have elite level traits. I like the trade for the teams involved because of where they are today. But to look ahead I’m just cautiously worried about the Rams 3 years from now

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Trust me bud I think Stafford is amazing please don’t get that twisted I’m a Washington fan we have zilch there. And I only did that to say there were players some of which thrived away from Detroit. I get your takes I respect that view it’s a very realistic view because Stafford does have elite level traits. I like the trade for the teams involved because of where they are today. But to look ahead I’m just cautiously worried about the Rams 3 years from now

Yeah, most definitely. There's no denying that the Rams are going all-in for the next two years. As a fan, I sort of like that (in general): the Lions have been rebuilding for, what, at least 8 of the past 12 years? It's miserable.

I'd want my team to go for it. Hopefully the Rams can get there.

(Thanks for the respectful discussion.)

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

They’ll be good next year, sure. Maybe even in 2022. But what’s their long-term plan going to be? They have a big contract QB with minimal draft capital. That’s bad news.

They're banking on winning a Super Bowl in the next couple of years.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, most definitely. There's no denying that the Rams are going all-in for the next two years. As a fan, I sort of like that (in general): we've been rebuilding for, what, at least 8 of the past 12 years? It's miserable.

I'd want my team to go for it. Hopefully the Rams can get there.

(Thanks for the respectful discussion.)

OG bud it’s all love trust me I know how taxing rebuilding is I think Washington, Detroit and Rams all have had their share of pains I legit wish you guys the best with that roster bud!!!

20 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

8 comeback 4Q W’s on a 2016 team without Megatron or Suh  leading them to the playoffs.  All time NFL record.  

Come on that’s an awful take. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1