Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

57 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

Is Stafford really a top 10 QB?

Consensus here seems to be he's in that vicinity, with some people apparently ranking him 32nd. Let's run through it, based mostly on last year but also with an eye on pedigree: 

Top Tier: Mahomes, Rodgers (with the caveat that Rodgers returned there after a year or two near the middle of the pack)

Next tier: Watson, Allen, Wilson, Jackson (?), after the past 2 yrs you put Tannehill here, Brady, Dak...maybe Murray? 

That's 10. I'd say that mostly you'd prefer those guys to Stafford, with maybe some dispute on Jackson, Murray, and Dak, from what I've seen around here (I'd have no problem slotting Jackson and Dak ahead of Stafford at this point, FWIW). 

Figuring Brees and Rivers retired and Roethlisberger appears washed, that leaves the next bunch as including Stafford, Goff, Cousins, Baker, Burrow, Herbert, Matt Ryan, and Garoppolo. The only guy I'd consider putting ahead of Stafford at #11 is probably Herbert, right now. 

1 minute ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Consensus here seems to be he's in that vicinity, with some people apparently ranking him 32nd. Let's run through it, based mostly on last year but also with an eye on pedigree: 

Top Tier: Mahomes, Rodgers (with the caveat that Rodgers returned there after a year or two near the middle of the pack)

Next tier: Watson, Allen, Wilson, Jackson (?), after the past 2 yrs you put Tannehill here, Brady, Dak...maybe Murray? 

That's 10. I'd say that mostly you'd prefer those guys to Stafford, with maybe some dispute on Jackson, Murray, and Dak, from what I've seen around here (I'd have no problem slotting Jackson and Dak ahead of Stafford at this point, FWIW). 

Figuring Brees and Rivers retired and Roethlisberger appears washed, that leaves the next bunch as including Stafford, Goff, Cousins, Baker, Burrow, Herbert, Matt Ryan, and Garoppolo. The only guy I'd consider putting ahead of Stafford at #11 is probably Herbert, right now. 

Unpopular opinion, but I think the Titans would be just as good with Stafford under center over Tannehill. Tannehill definitely has the legs, but Stafford has a better arm. I would also take Stafford over Dak on ability right now alone. (For the future? Probably Dak, but it's close. I think Stafford has a lot of time left.)

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Goff is garbage, but I'm surprised they had to add that many picks to ship that trash out. Even funnier is picking up a 33 year old QB for that pricetag. Goff will look like crap without McVay, and Stafford isn't going to take the Rams over the hump (although I do have more faith in his ability to put up more than 3 points when it matters).

I fully expect the Lions to treat Goff as an experiment, and if it fails he gets cut after this season or after 2022. I don't expect him to have a ton of success and will be down a lot on that team

Idk about the Stafford/Rams thing though. Depending on how the offseason plays out, they are solidly in my top 7 of the NFC, and honestly probably around even with the Bucs and Seahawks as that 2nd tier behind Green Bay

3 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I think saying Stafford is in that 8-12 range is a pretty fair assessment.

At ABSOLUTE worst he's top 15, and I very much think that isn't giving him enough credit

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Unpopular opinion, but I think the Titans would be just as good with Stafford under center over Tannehill. Tannehill definitely has the legs, but Stafford has a better arm. I would also take Stafford over Dak on ability right now alone. (For the future? Probably Dak, but it's close. I think Stafford has a lot of time left.)

Tier 2, in rough order is Watson/Allen (lets's see it for another year)/Brady/Wilson/Jackson/Tannehill/Dak/Murray, and I can imagine Murray ending up in tier 3. I can see being sceptical of Tannehill but he's got an amazing 26 game stretch going in TN and is possibly that franchise's best passer since Warren Moon. But in my rough order, I can see everything south of Jackson being a bit fluid.

But I get that this is all opinion. And I definitely feel that Stafford is sitting at 11 right now after having been in a fairly garbage situation for the past 3 yrs. I might even put him ahead of Murray - Murray had a terrific season but he also felt wildly inconsistent. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Lol.  You literally listed Goff in the same tier as Stafford.  

2 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Tier 2, in rough order is Watson/Allen (lets's see it for another year)/Brady/Wilson/Jackson/Tannehill/Dak/Murray, and I can imagine Murray ending up in tier 3. I can see being sceptical of Tannehill but he's got an amazing 26 game stretch going in TN and is possibly that franchise's best passer since Warren Moon. But in my rough order, I can see everything south of Jackson being a bit fluid.

But I get that this is all opinion. And I definitely feel that Stafford is sitting at 11 right now after having been in a fairly garbage situation for the past 3 yrs. I might even put him ahead of Murray - Murray had a terrific season but he also felt wildly inconsistent.

Can’t you say the same about Stafford?

Edited by ClutchDJ

10 hours ago, NJC33 said:

I mean, he’s on the verge of eclipsing the 50,000 mark. When it’s all said & done he’ll be in the HOF and rightfully so. One of the most under appreciated players of the past decade!

He's not going to make the Hall of Fame at this rate. His only accolades is 1 Pro Bowl.

It's possible if he has an amazing next few seasons, but he has A LONG way to go.

53 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

But my point is while you guys developed those sure things I agree the coaches didn’t maximize the other players they selected. That’s the coaching and FO that’s not a void of talent you guys drafted talented RB’s OL and defenders. The fact the coaching staff never got the most out of them that’s a organizational issue. Players in the NFL are all crazy talented. And I agree with you the Rams are more talented. But are they any deeper then the Lions were? But for the sake of your post here’s the team

Stafford

Rb- Swift, Reggie bush, Kevin Smith, jahvid Best, Ridley

Wr- Calvin, Tate, Galloday, Jones, Burleson, Boldin

OL, Decker, Ragnow, Glasgow, warford, reiff, Schwartz

TE, pettigrew, Enron, Hockenson

DL suh, Fairley, Vanden Bosch, Avril, Ansah ngata, Ashawn Robinson

LB Byrnes,Van Noy Whitehead, copeland

DB- Slay, Quinn, Diggs

Like you talk about 10 years worth of players to match one team that’s better then the Rams man so that’s a silly take bud!!!!

Stafford has had a Top 10 defense once in his entire career with Detroit.