2021 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

41 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Right I think people are starting to kind of see that now that the problem was it necessarily that there’s not an eye for talent from the front office standpoint. It’s more that we had a front office that invested a lot of high resources To a DC that’s never built a difference from scratch before and didn’t fire him in 2019 when they saw that he didn’t know what he was doing. That’s why someone like Tanner muse can go from having a horrible training camp last year before going on IR to coming back to Battle for a starting spot.

and then the reverse is also true: it’s why players that were successful and other programs came here to be horrible(Lamarcus Joyner Corey littleton)

Imagine if in 2019 we would have taken White at #4, traded up for Dexter Lawrence (Him and White were my favorite players in the draft) with the picks in the Brown trade and 27th, and still taken Mullen and Crosby.  2020 drafted Kinlaw and Jefferson in the first and Moss in the 3rd instead of Bowden.  Signed Ngakoue still in 2021.

Ngakoue - Kinlaw - Lawrence - Crosby

Neal - White - Morrow

Mullen - Heyward - Jackson

Moehrig

Only people missing from the DBs would be Abram and Arnette.  I like both players but they have not lived up to the 1st round grade so far and I would have rather built up the line and LBs first.  We would also have a lot more money because you could cut Richard and not sign Drake, Jefferson, Thomas, and Littleton.  That is $44 million for this year and next.  Could have signed William Jackson and Keanu Neal and still saved $4.5 million a year.  Then if you do not sign Kwiat and John Brown that saves another $23 million.  That gives another $28 million over 2 years.  Now you can go shopping for a speed WR to go with Renfrow, Edwards, and Jefferson.  You could out bid the Panthers for Curtis Samuel.  I am just going crazy with this but just a couple moves that I wanted could turn into a completely different team.  I know not all of it would have worked out but I like my team a lot more than what we have now.

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Imagine if in 2019 we would have taken White at #4, traded up for Dexter Lawrence (Him and White were my favorite players in the draft) with the picks in the Brown trade and 27th, and still taken Mullen and Crosby.  2020 drafted Kinlaw and Jefferson in the first and Moss in the 3rd instead of Bowden.  Signed Ngakoue still in 2021.

Don't make me ugly cry

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Ngakoue - Kinlaw - Lawrence - Crosby

Neal - White - Morrow

Mullen - Heyward - Jackson

Moehrig

Only people missing from the DBs would be Abram and Arnette.  I like both players but they have not lived up to the 1st round grade so far and I would have rather built up the line and LBs first.  We would also have a lot more money because you could cut Richard and not sign Drake, Jefferson, Thomas, and Littleton.  That is $44 million for this year and next.  Could have signed William Jackson and Keanu Neal and still saved $4.5 million a year.  Then if you do not sign Kwiat and John Brown that saves another $23 million.  That gives another $28 million over 2 years.  Now you can go shopping for a speed WR to go with Renfrow, Edwards, and Jefferson.  You could out bid the Panthers for Curtis Samuel.  I am just going crazy with this but just a couple moves that I wanted could turn into a completely different team.  I know not all of it would have worked out but I like my team a lot more than what we have now.

1. I would’ve taken one of the edgerushers over white personally. Position wasn’t a problem. It was that the player was picked by 

2. We don’t actually know if Kinlaw is good yet.

3. As much as I liked Moss in college he hasn’t proven that he can stay healthy. If we had drafted him I could’ve seen a scenario where him and Josh Jacobs are hurt at the same time. Then again Bowden‘s not on the team lol 

4. Neal gets hurt way too much for me. Plus it is alarming that Dan Quinn who drafted him in the first round back in Atlanta said he’s an outside linebacker now.

everything else sounds good

9 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

1. I would’ve taken one of the edgerushers over white personally. Position wasn’t a problem. It was that the player was picked by 

2. We don’t actually know if Kinlaw is good yet.

3. As much as I liked Moss in college he hasn’t proven that he can stay healthy. If we had drafted him I could’ve seen a scenario where him and Josh Jacobs are hurt at the same time. Then again Bowden‘s not on the team lol 

4. Neal gets hurt way too much for me. Plus it is alarming that Dan Quinn who drafted him in the first round back in Atlanta said he’s an outside linebacker now.

everything else sounds good

1.  I was going back and forth between White and Allen so I understand.  I just liked White more but Allen had the positional value edge.

2. Same can be said for  most players in that draft including Ruggs.  DTs are known to struggle year 1.

3. That is a risk for all RBs but he only missed 3 games his rookie year.  He still has potential and we would have extra money to sign a dependable vet that we might need for a game or 2 during the season.  Jacobs missed 4 games over the first 2 years which is not bad.  He just needs someone who can handle the ball for 150 touches a year to keep him fresh.  Moss was just under 130 last year.

4. Neal has had to big injury years but has played 90% of the games in his other years.  We also drafted enough players that could play the position if he goes down.  It is a risk but he is a great fit for how Bradley wants to use the SS.  Worth the risk at $4 million.

18 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

1.  I was going back and forth between White and Allen so I understand.  I just liked White more but Allen had the positional value edge.

2. Same can be said for  most players in that draft including Ruggs.  DTs are known to struggle year 1.

3. That is a risk for all RBs but he only missed 3 games his rookie year.  He still has potential and we would have extra money to sign a dependable vet that we might need for a game or 2 during the season.  Jacobs missed 4 games over the first 2 years which is not bad.  He just needs someone who can handle the ball for 150 touches a year to keep him fresh.  Moss was just under 130 last year.

4. Neal has had to big injury years but has played 90% of the games in his other years.  We also drafted enough players that could play the position if he goes down.  It is a risk but he is a great fit for how Bradley wants to use the SS.  Worth the risk at $4 million.

1. Yeah The pass rush was very much needed. 

2.I’m taking ruggs every time. He changes the dynamic of an offense whether he gets the ball or not. Every other type of receiver in the draft,  you can draft that type of receiver later on. Which is why I think they passed on cd lamb because they knew they could get someone like Brian Edwards later. With someone like Kinlaw it’s very difficult to be good at 3T is why whenever you get a really good 3T you keep them(which is why I thought the Niners were stupid for trading Buckner)

3. now what you say is generally true about running backs getting injured in Josh Jacobs being injured quite a bit but you have to remember Josh Jacobs is a starter and a workhorse at that on and off fence that has an identity in running the football versus Zach Moss who got hurt and really what is a reserve back up role On and offense  that doesn’t really run the ball. 

4. He missed two back to back seasons in 2018 and 19 before coming back in 2020 and playing most of the snaps. Then Dan Quinn who drafted him in the first round and went to the Super Bowl with him became defensive coordinator for the Cowboys signed him and said that he’s now a linebacker. That says something. And then you have to consider the fact that Dan Quinn and Gus Bradley practically run the same defense

11 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Man I hope that changes. 

Koonce, Deablo, Gillespie, shouldn't be that low with what we invested in them vs who we trotted out last year and brought in this year. 

I'd like to see them all at least end the season as primary backups. 

the all been hurt.. can't prove themselves when they can't practice, I expect the depth chart to change before week 1 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

the all been hurt.. can't prove themselves when they can't practice, I expect the depth chart to change before week 1 

That’s what I’ve been saying: I have no idea where the Tanner muse come from. It’s not like there’s any way we can come to conclusion that he’s trash. He didn’t play linebacker in college. He got hurt in training camp for the season so we literally have no film on the guy at all. and then there’s the Reality of who knows maybe he was actually a Great fit for Bradley‘s defense

15 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

It means Cable might have a functioning brain after all since Parker is listed on the left and not the right side.  I do not know which is worse Ferrell playing 2nd string or the or's on the DTs.

well it looks like they only listed each player as backup in one spot (ie simpson backup at LG but not RG)... so i wouldnt look at that too closely

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

1. Yeah The pass rush was very much needed. 

2.I’m taking ruggs every time. He changes the dynamic of an offense whether he gets the ball or not. Every other type of receiver in the draft,  you can draft that type of receiver later on. Which is why I think they passed on cd lamb because they knew they could get someone like Brian Edwards later. With someone like Kinlaw it’s very difficult to be good at 3T is why whenever you get a really good 3T you keep them(which is why I thought the Niners were stupid for trading Buckner)

3. now what you say is generally true about running backs getting injured in Josh Jacobs being injured quite a bit but you have to remember Josh Jacobs is a starter and a workhorse at that on and off fence that has an identity in running the football versus Zach Moss who got hurt and really what is a reserve back up role On and offense  that doesn’t really run the ball. 

4. He missed two back to back seasons in 2018 and 19 before coming back in 2020 and playing most of the snaps. Then Dan Quinn who drafted him in the first round and went to the Super Bowl with him became defensive coordinator for the Cowboys signed him and said that he’s now a linebacker. That says something. And then you have to consider the fact that Dan Quinn and Gus Bradley practically run the same defense

Not going to be perfect at every position.  I do like Ruggs but if we signed Curtis Samuel I do not see the need for Ruggs.  Jefferson, Edwards, and Samuel I believe is better than Ruggs, Brown, and Edwards.  You can not tell me you would rather have Jefferson and Thomas over Kinlaw.  Neal I believe is a great fit for what we are trying to do and if he got hurt we have Joseph ready to go.  It would be a risk but you are covered if it falls apart.  You would not have to draft Moss.  You have a 3rd round pick to use on a backup RB.  Should b able to find one.  If not you do not have to give a Drake type deal to sign a reliable vet.