Week 6 GDT

TheVillain112

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Stop. You'll look better if you just stop.

Did Jameis Winston just get benched?

Hang on, let's have this a minute.

The guy said something like "I can't wait til my team plays New England on the road to the superbowl" . His team is a 1 win team. I didn't even mention my team, but it's my relatively passive post that has you riled.

Classic pats hater.

are you that sensitive that anytime anyone is remotely critical of the pats they are automatically a pats hater? Man, thats just sad.

Anywho, cant believe theres a couple of guys trying to argue that the pats d is actually good. their defensive rankings speak for themselves, but because they played just ok vs the jets that changes things for those two guys.

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

Hmmm....4 sacks, 2 Interceptions. Not too bad for a toasted secondary and no pass rush.

If you're being serious and just ignoring the performance of said defense this entire season...

Your defense had 1 interception on the season coming into today and more than the lion's share of your sacks have come on designed blitzes.  Your defense is bottom 5 in the league in points conceded.  2nd-worst in the league in passing yds/gm conceded.  Tied for worst in passing TD's conceded.  Worst in the league in passing 1st downs conceded.  3rd worst in completed-passes conceded.  Sorry, but that is the definition of a "toasted secondary."

5 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

So nothing but periphery generics?  Do you have anything specific to offer as an argument?

The Patriots got I thought a decent rush today.  I think a lot of people fall in love with the Wade Phillips one gap sprint up the field pass rush because it gives glory plays/stats and completely ignore what Belichicks' basic defensive principals are.  It's not to completely ignore the QB, but they don't attack the QB to just rush at him as fast as they can.  Especially today where they dropped 8 into coverage a lot.   They focused on stuffing the run and containing the pocket and collapsing it, which they did.  The Jets were an above average, borderline elite rushing team before today and the Patriots just stuffed it.

Even then, the Patriots got two interceptions, and a turnover on downs on a pass, along with four sacks. 

Meh, nearly half of he Jets' rushing yards this season came in one game against the Jags who have the worst rush defense in the league, including a 75 yard run where everybody thought the guy was down.  Plus the Jets' leading rusher Bilal Powell didn't even play in this game.

Just now, tonyto36 said:

He didn't say anything like that.

If I say that Mariota has no place in the league and is a scrub passer and you respond that I'm wrong, should I respond to your post with "WELL WHEN YOUR ARGUMENT IS "I HAVE MORE POSTS THAN YOU THEREFORE THAT MAKES ME RIGHT !!!! 1111 !!!!" You're automatically wrong!!!" I hope you see the irony and massive flaw in logic - logic that you're trying to apply and put words in his mouth.

Oh God. I don't even... Wait, what? Someone get me out.:ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

No, that's called facts. Tell me what's wrong with what I said? 

Just stating stats doesn't make what I said any less true.

Your secondary has been beyond disappointing. Gilmore and Rowe need to step up when they get back.

You couldn't get much pressure without blitzing.

Plus, you got 2 of those sacks on the Jets final drive under 2 minutes when you knew they wouldn't really be running the ball and McCown had to find guys farther downfield cause they needed a TD to tie.

You arguably should've lost to the Jets or went to overtime if not for the refs screwing up the ASJ fumble ruling.

Just now, The LBC said:

If you're being serious and just ignoring the performance of said defense this entire season...

Your defense had 1 interception on the season coming into today and more than the lion's share of your sacks have come on designed blitzes.  Your defense is bottom 5 in the league in points conceded.  2nd-worst in the league in passing yds/gm conceded.  Tied for worst in passing TD's conceded.  Worst in the league in passing 1st downs conceded.  3rd worst in completed-passes conceded.  Sorry, but that is the definition of a "toasted secondary."

We were talking about the Jets game, so I am going to disregard your entire second paragraph, because that's irrelevant to today.

The comment was about our pass rush and secondary today. 4 sacks, 2 interceptions, forcing 3 and outs consecutively. That's somewhere we haven't been all season. That's progress and a genuinely decent day of defensive playmaking. 

Are you just ignoring the performance of said defense for this game?

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Just stating stats doesn't make what I said any less true.

Your secondary has been beyond disappointing. Gilmore and Rowe need to step up when they get back.

And, you got 2 of those sacks on the Jets final drive under 2 minutes when you knew they wouldn't really be running the ball and McCown had to find guys farther downfield cause they needed a TD to tie.

You arguably should've lost to the Jets or went to overtime if not for the refs screwing up the ASJ fumble ruling.

Those two didn't play today. Just to be clear, I thought we were talking about todays game?

4 sacks, 2 interceptions, forcing multiple punts....that's good defense. On the season, yes, we have been brutal. Today? Not so much.

As for that last statement, that decision would have made it 24-21 Patriots. So, explain how, please?

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

"Context doesn't matter at all, all I care about is week one and my preconceived biases"

Even if I agreed that the Patriots defense is completely devoid of talent and sucks, there is no rational way anyone can argue they were bad today.  That's just absurd.

What the hell are you even trying to suggest?

Like seriously, you try put words in more peoples' mouths than just about anyone I've seen.

But of course, let's just jump straight to hyperbole.

Archived