Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 21 - Taco Bowl XXI POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't usually put much thought into those markings lol. I did realize that but if the other wildcard contenders like Phoenix and Egypt also finished 8-8 it could create a situation where tiebreaker wouldn't matter. But miami's Conference record is so bad that they'd be certainly on the bottom of that too so yeah they're probably eliminated, I'll update it.

yeah, no need, honestly, I'm just trying to look at tiebreakers and happened to notice this one

15 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

yeah, no need, honestly, I'm just trying to look at tiebreakers and happened to notice this one

Actually no

Miami isn't eliminated... there is one scenario I can think of where they can get in...:

• Miami wins out
  • Phoenix loses out (which means Scranton wins at least one more game since they play Week 17)

This puts Miami third in the division at 8-8.

• Egypt wins exactly one more game, losing the other
  • Rocket City loses out
  • Antartica loses at least one more game

Since they split, this puts Egypt as second in the division at 8-8 due to the better Division record (3-5 for Egypt, 2-6 for Rocket City).

In this scenario, Scranton takes the first wildcard slot by record (or perhaps Richmond if Scranton wins the division). The second wildcard would be between Miami and Egypt, and Miami holds the Week 4 H2H tiebreaker.

HA!

(this is why I don't bother adding the "x" or "e" in the standings unless its clear and obvious)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Actually no

Miami isn't eliminated... there is one scenario I can think of where they can get in...:

• Miami wins out
  • Phoenix loses out
  • Richmond wins at least one more game

This puts Miami third in the division at 8-8.

• Egypt wins exactly one more game, losing the other
  • Rocket City loses out
  • Antartica loses at least one more game

Since they split, this puts Egypt as second in the division at 8-8 due to the better Division record (3-5 for Egypt, 2-6 for Rocket City).

In this scenario, Richmond takes the first wildcard slot by record, the second wildcard would be between Miami and Egypt, and Miami holds the Week 4 H2H tiebreaker.

HA!

(this is why I don't bother adding the "x" or "e" in the standings unless its clear and obvious)

oops

I didn't realize order of operations. I did look at that scenario and assumed we jumped to conference. my bad

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

No problem. Was actually fun to think of a scenario where Miami could get in lol

While I will retract that grievance, I WILL replace it with another!!!

Thunder and Royals are both eliminated. Even winning out, the best they can get to is 8-8

3 teams already have 9 wins, and the Kongs/Moose are both 8-6 with a H2H game remaining. No matter what, one of those teams will be 9-7 or 8-7-1, which would eliminate either Thunder or Royals at 8-8

Edited by Tk3
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@Tk3 out here tryna eliminate everyone....

To be fair, I also really wanted to clinch the Pirates.. but a pesky tie scenario leaves them the most narrow chances of failure

5 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

While I will retract that grievance, I WILL replace it with another!!!

Thunder and Royals are both eliminated. Even winning out, the best they can get to is 8-8

3 teams already have 9 wins, and the Kongs/Moose are both 8-6 with a H2H game remaining. No matter what, one of those teams will be 9-7 or 8-7-1, which would eliminate either Thunder or Royals at 8-8

you right

16 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

GG. I thought it was close at the end. 2 Onside kicks.

Scoreboard was close, the game itself wasn't really. Okereke save it from being a true blowout with his pick, and Mahomes did Mahomes things, but good lord my team is not playoff worthy with the first three quarters.