Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 21 - Taco Bowl XXI POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

8 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Coaching trio of 

HC: Sean Payton (NO)
OC: Pete Carmichael (NO)
DC: Dennis Allen (NO)

I get like a chemistry bonus or something for this, right?

Yep, you're now a lock to win your division. But you're also locked in for a playoff defeat. Pros and cons. 

• Like 1

@TheKillerNacho

have you ever given an estimate on the average home field advantage?

like, assuming the teams are exactly equal does the home team win 52%? 55%? 60%?

not really anything actionable, but I was thinking of irritating everyone with some win probabilities week to week (and probably embarrassing myself) and thought I might as well use a reasonable HFA instead of just guessing

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

@TheKillerNacho

have you ever given an estimate on the average home field advantage?

like, assuming the teams are exactly equal does the home team win 52%? 55%? 60%?

not really anything actionable, but I was thinking of irritating everyone with some win probabilities week to week (and probably embarrassing myself) and thought I might as well use a reasonable HFA instead of just guessing

It varies depending on several factors but on average I'd say it swings matches 3% to 7%, or so.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

It varies depending on several factors but on average I'd say it swings matches 3% to 7%, or so.

interesting.. I've always just assumed like 5% so probably wasn't far off

23 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I am feeling my team this season......which probably means #1 pick confirmed....

I haven't looked through all the teams, but my immediate reaction was "above average"

Kind of rides on Tannehill, and I think he will be a pretty good QB in the sim, but I am not confident in that

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I haven't looked through all the teams, but my immediate reaction was "above average"

Kind of rides on Tannehill, and I think he will be a pretty good QB in the sim, but I am not confident in that

He has been so good irl the last 2 seasons he should be good. It’s always a risk with no sim data to back it up. But, I feel pretty confident he is going to be a good sim QB