House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I've just finished rewatching season 1 in anticipation! Sad about the shorter episode count, but if it helps the quality then I'm on board.

I just finished episode 6 I'm almost re-caught up.  

Is there enough story for Season 3?  I thought they made it sound like it was a two season story.  (no spoilers please)

57 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I just finished episode 6 I'm almost re-caught up.  

Is there enough story for Season 3?  I thought they made it sound like it was a two season story.  (no spoilers please)

Yeah, for sure. The original plan was for 4 seasons and I haven't seen any updates that differs from that.

9 hours ago, Acgott said:

House of the Dragon was picked up for a Season 3 as expected. It will start shooting later this year.

It’s been a poor start to the anticipated June shows, hopefully HOTD can turn it around.

NO BOOK SPOILERS

At least this book story is actually finished. :D

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Acgott said:

House of the Dragon was picked up for a Season 3 as expected. It will start shooting later this year.

It’s been a poor start to the anticipated June shows, hopefully HOTD can turn it around.

NO BOOK SPOILERS

Agree about the slow start...but you might want to also give Presumed Innocent on Apple TV+ a look. It's 2 episodes in on what appears to be a well done remake.

Looking forward to HOTD2....and once again (like GOT) I'm glad I never read the book(s) and can evaluate the production with fresh eyes. 

On 6/15/2024 at 11:50 AM, Acgott said:

NO BOOK SPOILERS

There will be dragon fights. People will die. Allegiances will shift. All hail ser pounce the rightful ruler of the seven kingdoms.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Thought it was kind of a disappointing start. The assassination plot may as well have been a three stooges episode.

The scenes with king Aegon were the best, he's a very entertaining character. 

I thought the assassination was a little disappointing after hearing so many rumors about it. Little easy to waltz through the castle, though I enjoyed the episode. Feels a much faster pace than game of thrones. Lots of tension all around.

I was surprised that Aegon started out as a good king. Thought we would be having the small folk fight each other for the goats. Sad that he needs his war face on now. It be fun seeing his drinking buddies get killed.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say they ruined Blood and Cheese, but they definitely set it up to whitewash Daemon as a character rather than have him be as ruthless as he is in the books.  The Rogue Prince isn't supposed to be a lovable title, it's supposed to be because he is unpredictable, maybe a bit crazy, but still wildly capable. The scene definitely didn't live up to what was in my head from the books, and the guy who played Blood's voice was almost a cartoonish bad guy voice which also took me out of it a little.

As someone who hasn't read anything, I liked the episode but I could see it as something that was rushed or comical like someone said, "Stooges". I felt that was a little corny but it didn't ruin anything for me. Lines were drawn, alliances were (supposedly) made, actions were taken, and it did a pretty great job of setting up the rest of the season assuming we're going to get what I think we are which is a safe assumption.

I liked seeing The Wall again, Starks, and other houses that we got introduced into w/ GoT. The fact we heard "winter is coming" and they talked about The Wall protecting from "death" again makes me think there's a slight chance we see white walkers. I'm not necessarily leaning that way just yet though.

This show has so many characters that are great and others w/ a lot of potential. Looking forward to the rest of it.