NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

Just now, SkolMasterMN said:

I think a lot of people are assuming that Lakers vs Jazz will be the WCF but I think the Suns and Nuggets are definite contenders. CP3 is playing some really good ball, and y'all know what Booker can do. Also teams like the Mavs, Blazers and Clippers aren't completely out of the picture.

I personally don't think there's a huge gap between the Jazz, Lakers, Clippers, Suns, and Nuggets. If LeBron/AD are both 100% then they're obviously the favorites but I could realistically see any of those 5 teams making it out of the West this year. The Clippers have become somewhat of an afterthought but they'll be a tough matchup for anyone in the playoffs if PG13 plays well. 

I think another thing to note with the Jazz is that we'll likely finish with the #1 seed and have full capacity fans at games when the playoffs roll around. After last nights victory we have won 24 straight home games, the third longest streak in NBA history.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The reality is that AD has been injury prone his entire career and we just saw what happened to KD rushing back into action with a similar injury a couple of years ago. LeBron is 37 years old now and has missed significant time with injuries in 2/3 seasons with the Lakers. 

Bron on his way back like Goku

Eye2jjvWYAUvjOS?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think another thing to note with the Jazz is that we'll likely finish with the #1 seed and have full capacity fans at games when the playoffs roll around. After last nights victory we have won 24 straight home games, the third longest streak in NBA history.

We've won more on the road this season and last season than we have at home, but yeah full capacity crowd there is definitely an advantage.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We've won more on the road this season and last season than we have at home, but yeah full capacity crowd there is definitely an advantage.

We've been unbelievable at home this year though. We're 24-2 in home games with a +15.9 point differential. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

We've been unbelievable at home this year though. We're 24-2 in home games with a +15.9 point differential. 

How many of those were played against a fully healthy Lakers team though?

For contexts sake you guys beat a Nets team led by Alize Johnson and TLC by 30 at home.

You guys aren’t gonna be an easy out. I just don’t see them getting to the Finals. I could look dumb in a couple months who knows lol.

i think the healthy lakers are still the favorites. but i do think the nuggets can win the title. and in that case i think there may be an advantage to getting them in the 4/5 when there may be some lingering injury issues and probably a more fair whistle in the first round than when the lakers are closer to the title.

that being said i of course would love the blazers in the first round. they are extremely fraudulent. 5 games 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SkolMasterMN said:

I think a lot of people are assuming that Lakers vs Jazz will be the WCF but I think the Suns and Nuggets are definite contenders. CP3 is playing some really good ball, and y'all know what Booker can do. Also teams like the Mavs, Blazers and Clippers aren't completely out of the picture.

I think the Jazz would scare me the least of the top 5 teams. They're great but I think the other teams are more top heavy and better built for the playoffs, unless Don Mitchell just ascends to another level.

4 hours ago, amac said:

I think the Jazz would scare me the least of the top 5 teams. They're great but I think the other teams are more top heavy and better built for the playoffs, unless Don Mitchell just ascends to another level.

We had more All-Stars then any team in the league this year, lol. Our issues in the past were that we weren't a great shooting team and didn't really have anyone that could create offense outside of Mitchell. 

This season we're on pace to be the best 3 point shooting team in NBA history and have 3 other guys that can create in Bogdanovic, Conley, and Clarkson. IIRC, we're one of only like 5 teams in NBA history to be top 3 in offensive and defensive efficiency. 

Not to mention we'll likely have home court advantage throughout the playoffs and we're 24-2 at home this year with a +16 ppg differential. 

Post All-Star break Mitchell is averaging 30, 4, 5 on 47% FG, 40% 3FG, and 88% FT. And people are quick to forget that he averaged 36 on 53% FG in the Nuggets series. We were a buzzer beater away from winning the series with half of our team banged up.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1