NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

19 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I don't know what was worse - the absolutely abysmal call against Facu that would've cut the lead to 1, or the fact Malone didn't challenge it. There is 2 mins left in the game, man. What are you saving the challenge for?

Nah refs were in your pocket most of the night tbh. I don't want to hear this.

20 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I think that game highlighted what scares Nuggets fans the most. If MPJ isn't scoring like he wasn't in the first 3 quarters, we are in big trouble

I mean you are underestimating Vogel and the Lakers defensively. Not too many teams besides us are holding Jokic to two of his worst shooting performances of the season and putting MPJ in hell. If Murray was out there we wouldn't be able to pay as much attention to him as we did though. We weren't gonna leave him open and he's a jump shooter. You guys will be fine when Murray is back and teams can't focus in on him like that. Like trust y'all are gonna be a problem next year. Before the Lakers started going down the drain offensively and playing like they don't care lately you guys were the team I was most worried about.... not the Suns or Jazz. No offense to those teams bc they are good squads, but nah. I could see you guys winning a title in a couple years. Sucks you had to lose Murray like that, cause you probably would've made some noise and had a shot at the Finals. If the Lakers aren't gonna make it I really would've liked to see Jokic Embiid in the Finals. Think that would be a great series. 

21 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nah refs were in your pocket most of the night tbh. I don't want to hear this.

You are acting like I am saying the refs cost the game. They didn't. But the call, and the embarrassing flop by the 6ft 10 Davis from a flick from the 5ft 9 Campazzo, was awful.

For the record - I am not arsed whatsoever about want you "want" to hear 😁

21 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean you are underestimating Vogel and the Lakers defensively. Not too many teams besides us are holding Jokic to two of his worst shooting performances of the season and putting MPJ in hell. If Murray was out there we wouldn't be able to pay as much attention to him as we did though. We weren't gonna leave him open and he's a jump shooter. You guys will be fine when Murray is back and teams can't focus in on him like that. 

I am not underestimating the Defense at all. They were a massive part in MPJ not getting going, and as you say, making Jokic (by his standards) inefficient.

That is my point about the concerns around playoff opposition, the fact that we will be playing better Defenses and therefore it isn't realistic to expect MPJ and Jokic to go off every night.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

You are acting like I am saying the refs cost the game. They didn't. But the call, and the embarrassing flop by the 6ft 10 Davis from a flick from the 5ft 9 Campazzo, was awful.

You can say it was a wild flop and Facu still made contact and you may not be, but it feels like whenever we play the Nuggets the go to excuse is the refs at least from what I've seen.

For the record - I am not arsed whatsoever about want you "want" to hear 😁

You won't wanna hear this, but we've owned y'all the past 2 years. From the playoffs to your only win this year and last year in the regular season being when Bron was out last year and when AD aggravated the achilles this year. ;) 

Nah but forreal I just don't think we are a great match-up for you guys at the end of the day.

I am not underestimating the Defense at all. They were a massive part in MPJ not getting going, and as you say, making Jokic (by his standards) inefficient.

Which is nuts.... cause you tell me a guy goes for 32 on 42.9% shooting even a big and I'm like "thats still good" but for Jokic it was his 5th worst percentage wise. Dude has to be MVP especially with how they've played minus Murray and now the other guards.

That is my point about the concerns around playoff opposition, the fact that we will be playing better Defenses and therefore it isn't realistic to expect MPJ and Jokic to go off every night.

Oh no doubt its gonna be an issue for sure. Maybe if MPJ can handle it more and get involved in more PnR with Jokic that would help some. I like Facu, but I've heard from some Nuggets fans he has the ball too much. Would you agree with that? I feel like he's gonna get destroyed come playoff time too. He's a fun player and in the regular season you can probably get away with having him out there more. Love how he competes and the passes he makes, but at the end of the day that size is gonna be an issue.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

Also I was too wrapped up in the Lakers and that messy game last night, but I wanted to say that Trae Young has looked a lot better since Nate McMillan took over that team. Seems like he's gotten through to him and has him playing a better/smarter brand of basketball. And, they as a team have been pretty good since he took over and have had to deal with injuries a lot too. Seems like he's doing enough and then some to shake that interim tag.

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This game is ugly as sin. @champ11

that game was awful, with a fitting ugly ending. i don't mind the result for the nuggets. mpj took the punch and bounced back with a great second half. poor game for jokic by his standards, they let the lakers get under their skin 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

bump

give me an order @beekay414 where is your confidence rating on Bud going into the playoffs?

Wouldn't know. Haven't watched a minute of the Bucks since the Warriors game like I said I wouldn't. That's how deep my hatred of the NBA has become lol.

• Like 1