NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Tbf the LaMelo stuff was absolutely 100% warranted because him being able to shoot the way he has was not something he had ever shown even an inkling of in anything he'd done before.

Agreed. I'm shocked at his shooting.

It'll be interesting to see if it sticks or if he regresses like Ja. LaMelo does have a larger sample this season than Ja did last season, so it's more likely his sticks.

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Lol so if Kyrie didn’t air ball that lay up we could’ve had a chance to tie or win the game, figures.

that's kyrie when the games start to count. He came out of Lebron's shadow and got scared of his own like punxsutawney phil 

9 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

We have struggled to close games of late where prior we were the best closing teaM in the league. 4 losses in a row and like 4 in 5 on this road trip. Could drop to third seed. 

This is what is called a long regular season. Just like earlier when the Nets went out West and was beating all the West teams they are having a slump right now but still can’t read much into this team without Harden. I think Mina Kimes said the other day the Nets are (22-2) in clutch situations with Harden. Surprisingly the Nets have lost two straight games when leading entering the 4th quarter. They lost one all season long prior to that. So again they have a slump and I still can’t read much of anything because of no Harden.

Edited by stl4life07

13 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Want to believe in the Nets cause of KD, but man there is a lot of warning signs that you see with this team. 

No Harden is what’s the deal. They got him for this reason. If the Nets was losing like this with Harden I’d be concerned but I’m not because I know Harden coming back the Nets are a totally different team especially in clutch situations down the stretch. 

8 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

This is what is called a long regular season. Just like earlier when the Nets went out West and was beating all the West teams they are having a slump right now but still can’t read much into this team without Harden. I think Mina Kimes said the other day the Nets are (22-2) in clutch situations with Harden. Surprisingly the Nets have lost two straight games when leading entering the 4th quarter. They lost one all season long prior to that. So again they have a slump and I still can’t read much of anything because of no Harden.

Im not reading too much into it for majority of the reasons you just stated but I’m not gonna include the Harden one because his impact goes without saying. I don’t think having no Harden is the reason why we are on this run. Like two weeks ago, we were considered favourites in East. Losing close games like we have of late when those were the exact games we were winning prior isn’t really concerning. Our perimeter shooting has dropped off too. Just the product of an nba season. You go on losing runs and we’ve been on road for like two weeks now.

Edited by Kip Smithers