NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LeBron was more valuable than AD though, the numbers backed that up. He damn sure wasn't a one man show or anything and AD was just as good as him. 

If Bron and Shroeder weren't playing right now, AD wouldn't be winning these games either. LeBron's shot is completely off right now and he's their lone shot creator without Shroeder. LeBron also seems pretty gassed and needs to sit out a few games but since he wants him playing all the games as one of his biggest MVP arguments made for him, that's likely not to happen. 

Of course he’s more valuable. This is a perimeter man’s league. My point isn’t to suggest that AD is more valuable. It goes without saying that with AD and no Bron they’d still be in trouble. My overall point is that as a collective/duo, they’re just as important to each other for their championship contention.

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Of course he’s more valuable. This is a perimeter man’s league. My point isn’t to suggest that AD is more valuable. It goes without saying that with AD and no Bron they’d still be in trouble. My overall point is that as a collective/duo, they’re just as important to each other for their championship contention.

But no one is really saying otherwise. AD when healthy is a monster and can be the best player in ANY given series. The on/off numbers just heavily favored LeBron last season even though AD was terrific. 

Again though, if they had Shroeder, they would still be good enough to win the types of games they have been losing lately. LeBron needs to be better but his outside jumper is a mess right now. 

Embiid back as the MVP frontrunner. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But no one is really saying otherwise. AD when healthy is a monster and can be the best player in ANY given series. The on/off numbers just heavily favored LeBron last season even though AD was terrific. 

Nobody on here, sure. People in media sure as heck acted that way. Like I said before, I’m not arguing between the two who Is more valuable. Me, I just get the feeling that AD doesnt get enough credit for Lakers’ success. 

6 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Nobody on here, sure. People in media sure as heck acted that way. Like I said before, I’m not arguing between the two who Is more valuable. Me, I just get the feeling that AD doesnt get enough credit for Lakers’ success. 

Did they though? And I'm counting guys like Nick Wright or Shannon Sharpe, who are not impartial at all. 

AD got plenty of love last season and during his postseason run. So much so that some were putting him in the top 3 in the entire league. He's good but not great this season but has obviously been battling injuries. LeBron was rightfully given his praise early on and was the MVP leader but he hasn't put away some winnable games and guys like Embiid just have been better. Harden won't get the MVP or be in the hunt because of what he did in Houston but what he's doing with KD out has been amazing. He should be up there along with Lillard/Steph/Jokic.