NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I think you’re underselling NAW and Hayes. Both took bit strides. I agree they’ll move CJ most likely, but what team can beat a Pelicans offer with two young guys with upside and a wagon of first round picks? Those late year LA and MIL picks are very enticing. A lot can change in 3-5 years. 

I'd take a New York package, a Golden State package if they get lucky in the lottery, and a Denver package based around Jamaal Murray before a New Orleans offer without Ingram.

OKC could offer a similar package (though I'm sure Lillard would prefer to play in New Orleans and maybe Portland would honor that).

New Orleans can throw a lot more meh at it than just about anyone, but it'd be crazy disappointing for Portland if they couldn't get Ingram in this hypothetical deal.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'd take a New York package, a Golden State package if they get lucky in the lottery, and a Denver package based around Jamaal Murray before a New Orleans offer without Ingram.

OKC could offer a similar package (though I'm sure Lillard would prefer to play in New Orleans and maybe Portland would honor that).

New Orleans can throw a lot more meh at it than just about anyone, but it'd be crazy disappointing for Portland if they couldn't get Ingram in this hypothetical deal.

And also a Boston package built around Brown if that is on the table.

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Golden State could potentially give them Wiggins, Wiseman, and 2 lottery picks. 

Minnesota could potentially give them D'Angelo Russell, a top 3 pick, and other young pieces. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Golden State could potentially give them Wiggins, Wiseman, and 2 lottery picks. 

Minnesota could potentially give them D'Angelo Russell, a top 3 pick, and other young pieces. 

Yeah. Better offers could easily be put on the table. Much rather have fewer, better pieces than a lot of average pieces.

28 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah. Better offers could easily be put on the table. Much rather have fewer, better pieces than a lot of average pieces.

I wouldn’t even want DLo or Wiggins. If you’re going to rebuild... rebuild. You don’t want to stay mediocre. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I wouldn’t even want DLo or Wiggins. If you’re going to rebuild... rebuild. You don’t want to stay mediocre. 

So you'd rebuild around Lonzo Ball a career 12 ppg guy (39%) on a max deal, NAW a career 8 ppg guy (40%) who has missed like half the year his only 2 years in the league, and Jaxson Hayes a rim running backup center? Plus a late lottery pick this year and late 1st round picks years from now? 

4 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

If you made the deal with GS you'd be getting Wiggins at the same price you'd be paying Lonzo Ball. Plus James Wiseman the #2 overall pick from a year ago as well two lottery picks, like #4-6, and #14. 

34 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

That's why Golden State would also offer Wiseman and two lottery picks...

Those players could also be traded elsewhere after the fact.

35 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's why Golden State would also offer Wiseman and two lottery picks...

Those players could also be traded elsewhere after the fact.

Wiggins only has 2 years left on his deal as well so it's not like they'd be locked into paying him for a long time. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

So you'd rebuild around Lonzo Ball a career 12 ppg guy (39%) on a max deal, NAW a career 8 ppg guy (40%) who has missed like half the year his only 2 years in the league, and Jaxson Hayes a rim running backup center? Plus a late lottery pick this year and late 1st round picks years from now? 

Once again, you're severely downplaying how good NAW was when he started and how good Hayes was to end the year. His 3 looks legit and he's arguably the most athletic big man in the league who was crazy raw coming out of college and made huge strides on defense late in the year. Its a better package than you're pretending it is. Golden State with Wiseman and picks beats it, but Wiggins still blows. I wouldn't even want to take him. 

39 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Once again, you're severely downplaying how good NAW was when he started and how good Hayes was to end the year. His 3 looks legit and he's arguably the most athletic big man in the league who was crazy raw coming out of college and made huge strides on defense late in the year. Its a better package than you're pretending it is. Golden State with Wiseman and picks beats it, but Wiggins still blows. I wouldn't even want to take him. 

Neither one of those guys are valuable trade pieces and I'd rather have Wiggins at $30M on a 2 year deal than Lonzo at $30M on a 5 year deal. 

You'd take Lonzo Ball, NAW, Hayes, the 10th pick and future firsts over Wiggins, Wiseman, #4 pick, #14 pick?