NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If Hayes, NAW, and Ball are so good and Ingram/Zion are so good, why was New Orleans so bad this year? @MookieMonstah

Because they're crazy young and Hayes sucked the first half of the year. NAW was hurt to finish the year. 

NAW averaged 19/5/3 on 46/41/61 shooting as a starter. He's going to be legitimately good and I think will be a big reason New Orleans is okay parting with Lonzo (assuming they make no trades, which I don't see tbh)

Edited by MookieMonstah

4 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

NAW averaged 19/5/3 on 46/41/61 shooting as a starter. He's going to be legitimately good and I think will be a big reason New Orleans is okay parting with Lonzo (assuming they make no trades, which I don't see tbh)

Great 13 game sample size over a 2 year period, Portland should definitely trade away an All-NBA player. So he's good enough NO would part ways with Lonzo but Portland is supposed to be excited about a Lonzo max deal?

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Great 13 game sample size over a 2 year period, Portland should definitely trade away an All-NBA player. So he's good enough NO would part ways with Lonzo but Portland is supposed to be excited about a Lonzo max deal?

I mean it's not like NAW is the headliner lol you're just acting like he sucks. The Pelicans have a ton of draft picks to offer and it really depends on what Portland wants. Do they want to full rebuild or do they want a guy like D-Lo so they can stay "competitive"? 

18 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean it's not like NAW is the headliner lol you're just acting like he sucks. The Pelicans have a ton of draft picks to offer and it really depends on what Portland wants. Do they want to full rebuild or do they want a guy like D-Lo so they can stay "competitive"? 

I think adding the #2 pick from last seasons draft as well as two lottery picks in a stacked draft is a pretty good way to start a rebuild. Plus they'd only be tied up to Wiggins for 2 more seasons and could trade him this year or next year. The Pelicans deal they'd be tying themselves to Lonzo Ball on a huge deal for 4/5 years and would be adding two other guys who will enter RFA soon. The picks they have to offer is a late lottery pick this year and future late 1st round picks from the Bucks and the Lakers. 

From a value perspective, if you asked any team in the league who they'd rather have, James Wiseman or Jaxson Hayes, every team would pick Hayes. If you could have NAW or Jalen Suggs on a rookie contract, who're you taking? 

And if NAW is as good as you say, assuming they kept CJ and Powell, wouldn't they be in no mans land battling for an 8th seed? 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I think adding the #2 pick from last seasons draft as well as two lottery picks in a stacked draft is a pretty good way to start a rebuild. Plus they'd only be tied up to Wiggins for 2 more seasons and could trade him this year or next year. The Pelicans deal they'd be tying themselves to Lonzo Ball on a huge deal for 4/5 years and would be adding two other guys who will enter RFA soon. The picks they have to offer is a late lottery pick this year and future late 1st round picks from the Bucks and the Lakers. 

From a value perspective, if you asked any team in the league who they'd rather have, James Wiseman or Jaxson Hayes, every team would pick Hayes. If you could have NAW or Jalen Suggs on a rookie contract, who're you taking? 

And if NAW is as good as you say, assuming they kept CJ and Powell, wouldn't they be in no mans land battling for an 8th seed? 

I already said the Warriors package is better with Wiseman and the unprotected first, but also not sure GS would be interested. 3 star guards might be overkill. 

Glad you agree with Jaxson Gawd Hayes. Young guys develop, it always amazes me how short sighted NBA fans are. NAW didn't play much his rookie year, and was very good late this year. Thats super promising in a second year NBA player. I think he's a good 3/D starter for the foreseeable future. It would be very dumb of Portland to trade Lillard and keep CJ, I can't imagine they'd do that. I also don't see the moving Lillard or even entertaining offers tbh.

32 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Glad you agree with Jaxson Gawd Hayes. Young guys develop, it always amazes me how short sighted NBA fans are. NAW didn't play much his rookie year, and was very good late this year. Thats super promising in a second year NBA player. I think he's a good 3/D starter for the foreseeable future. It would be very dumb of Portland to trade Lillard and keep CJ, I can't imagine they'd do that. I also don't see the moving Lillard or even entertaining offers tbh.

The package you mentioned might net the Pelicans CJ McCollum. 

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

BREAKING NEWS: 

Shams Charania -   Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James is changing his jersey number from No. 23 to No. 6 next season. Anthony Davis is expected to remain No. 3.

:)

Jimmy Butler to LA confirmed

7 hours ago, Leader said:

BREAKING NEWS: 

Shams Charania -   Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James is changing his jersey number from No. 23 to No. 6 next season. Anthony Davis is expected to remain No. 3.

:)

Changing it to 6 to remind us how many rings Michael Jordan has.