NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

37 minutes ago, Leader said:

Okay...understood. I really dont watch a bunch of POR games - so the dynamics of their roster are somewhat lost on me - but - after making my comment I figured to go find an answer and have to say the results are mixed....

CJ's certainly a contributor on offense. Defense - I've no clue. But, he's second in both minutes and points behind Dame. Interestingly, his contract is up after this season. Now, they own his Bird rights and I've no idea how all the NBA rights and exceptions clauses work (and dont care to know actually.....).

CJ actually signed an extension last summer. He won't be a free agent until 2024.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

CJ McCollum to Toronto for Pascal Siakam would be a nice move for them.

That's actually not bad in a vacuum. However, it ties them to a CJ-FVV backcourt. Maybe a 3 team deal could be worked out?

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

CJ actually signed an extension last summer. He won't be a free agent until 2024.

Yup - there it is. Had to scroll down on the Spotrac page to see it (and I'd not done that....).
So - he's eminently tradable :)

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's actually not bad in a vacuum. However, it ties them to a CJ-FVV backcourt. Maybe a 3 team deal could be worked out?

That's true, not really sure what other team could potentially be involved though. 

A package around CJ for KAT could work as well but I think a lot of Minnesota's plans will hinge on if they get their pick or not. 

1 minute ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Why would Toronto do that?

CJ is so one dimensional it’s crazy...

Siakam's name has just come up in a ton of trade rumors lately. I'm sure there would have to be other pieces involved.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's true, not really sure what other team could potentially be involved though. 

A package around CJ for KAT could work as well but I think a lot of Minnesota's plans will hinge on if they get their pick or not. 

Any team that wants to improve their shot creation I suppose.

That doesn't make sense to me. So Minnesota would be left with McCollum, Edwards, Russell, and Beasley?

13 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Any team that wants to improve their shot creation I suppose.

That doesn't make sense to me. So Minnesota would be left with McCollum, Edwards, Russell, and Beasley?

5 guard lineup baby. It doesn't seem like they're too fond of Russell so I could see him potentially being dealt as well.