NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

I would say that these potential trade offers and teams being thrown out for Lillard and McCollum make no sense and would give Portland essentially nothing in return...but then I just think and remember that they're all still better than what Houston got for James ******* Harden.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Another one bites the dust...

The Magic need to hit on their picks this year. They really don't have too many players to be excited about. Maybe Fultz and Isaac get healthy and improve? Anthony and Carter are decent young players as well. But man that team is just lacking talent across the board. If the basketball gods bless them with a miracle they could potentially have two top 5 picks and come away with a combo of Suggs/Green/Cunningham/Mobley. 

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I would say that these potential trade offers and teams being thrown out for Lillard and McCollum make no sense and would give Portland essentially nothing in return...but then I just think and remember that they're all still better than what Houston got for James ******* Harden.

Yeah, I mean the best player Houston got in return for Harden was Exum. No chance I'd trade CJ to NY unless I'm getting Randle back or maybe RJ Barrett/Mitchell Robinson but that doesn't really put them over the top or make them a contender. 

I wonder if a 3 team trade between Toronto, Portland, and Minnesota could work?

Minnesota receives: Pascal Siakam, CJ McCollum, Zach Collins, Toronto's lottery pick

Toronto receives: DeAngelo Russell, Jusuf Nurkic, Anferee Simmons, Portland's pick 

Portland receives: Karl Anthony-Towns

Edited by NYRaider

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Really?

Their lack of playmaking and shooting was exposed in the playoffs and they've been linked to Ball for a while. They have a ton of cap space and the free agent class is pretty weak this year. 

Ball - Powell - Barrett - Randle - Robinson 

That ain't too shabby.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Their lack of playmaking and shooting was exposed in the playoffs and they've been linked to Ball for a while. They have a ton of cap space and the free agent class is pretty weak this year. 

Ball - Powell - Barrett - Randle - Robinson 

That ain't too shabby.

It's not...but then they're stuck unless they plan on letting Randle walk.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

It's not...but then they're stuck unless they plan on letting Randle walk.

After the stinker he put up in the playoffs I'd be hesitant to give him a max contract. I could also see the Knicks holding off and then trying to make a splash in 2022 when a lot of guys hit the market. Still incredible that they drafted Obi Toppin over Tyrese Haliburton. 

Shams Charania -   76ers‘ Joel Embiid (small meniscus tear) is listed questionable for Game 1 of East semifinals vs. Atlanta on Sunday. Embiid will go through treatment and workout to determine final playing status.

Jokes aside imagine being turned down by Kidd....

Lakers fans were looking forward to getting rid of him to hopefully bring in a better offensive mind to help Vogel out.

Vogel is a great defensive mind. One of the best in the league. Phil Handy is great at player development. Then there is Kidd. Would’ve been nice to swap Stotts for Kidd.

Oh well.

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

What are you alluding to? Demand a trade?

The candidate pulled out. The team didnt refuse to interview him.

I like you bruh and know you mean well, but sometimes you just gotta pick up on sarcasm and know some things are just jokes. You don't have to take every post so seriously.

But, this is odd that Dame basically leaked his choice directly to Haynes and then Kidd just withdraws his name from consideration before Portland starts their search. I'm sure Dame has some influence over the next coach or he better if they wanna keep him happy. So why would Kidd turn it down? 

This is what was said in the Woj article about it:

"Portland's a first-class organization and will have great candidates for its head coaching job, but I've decided not to be one of them," Kidd told ESPN. "Whoever they choose will have big shoes to fill from Terry [Stotts]."

Kidd was ultimately uncomfortable with the idea of pursuing the opening after Blazers star Damian Lillard publicly called for his hiring within hours of Stotts' departure on Friday night. The public nature of Lillard's endorsement -- telling Yahoo Sports that "Jason Kidd is the guy I want" -- left Kidd feeling he would put both Lillard and Portland's process in an awkward circumstance should he pursue the opening.

Like I don't get the whole awkward circumstance angle being put out there. If he is being endorsed by the star player it would've given him at the very least an interview. Why pass that up? Does he have a better opportunity possibly in the works?

Lakers fans are already assuming the worst like that he's possibly eyeing the job here long term lol.

Maybe he feels more comfortable with the Celtics job???

JwhG.gif

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1