NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

My favorite thing is trying to flex on the pit but when the pit came alive, our young friend got soft. He ain't bout it no matter how much he pretends. 

The pit has been soft all season as the Jazz have won.

Memphis dream off-season:

-Draft Moses Moody at #17 and best PG available at #51

-Decline Justice Winslow's team option

-Sign JJJ to a 4 year, $80 million extension with a prior injury exclusion added in (essentially a mirror of Jonathan Isaac's extension last year)

-Sign Jonas Valanciunas to a 3 year, $50 million extension (same setup as his last extension in 2019 with declining yearly salaries)

-Trade Kyle Anderson, Tyus Jones, De'Anthony Melton, 2022 1st Round Pick (better of Memphis and Utah 1sts), 2024 1st Round Pick, and 2024 Golden State 1st Round Pick to Portland for CJ McCollum.

Gives Portland 3 good veterans who can play defense (especially Melton), cap flexibility, and needed 1sts. Obviously this is negotiable and we would be willing to part with just about anyone not named Ja, Valanciunas, or JJJ. Portland might prefer Dillon Brooks to Melton and Memphis would be happy to compromise by trading 2 future 2nds instead of one of the 1sts.

New Depth Chart:

PG: Ja Morant / Veteran Minimum FA / 2nd Round Pick

SG: CJ McCollum / Desmond Bane / Grayson Allen

SF: Dillon Brooks / Moses Moody

PF: JJJ / Brandon Clarke

😄 Jonas Valanciunas / Xavier Tillman

In the much more likely scenario of CJ McCollum not being traded for, I'd want them to draft Cameron Thomas or James Bouknight at #17. I'd still like us to consolidate some of our depth in a trade. Grayson Allen is someone I like, but with Melton already under contract and Bane still on his rookie deal for at least 3 more years, I'd rather trade him than pay him. Same with some of our other depth coming up for extensions like Anderson and Jones. Good players, but Memphis has too much depth and needs to start trimming the rotation.

Edit: I don't know how to get rid of that emoji.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1