NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

9 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Also I'm looking now...None of OKCs picks are that exciting lol. Houston pick will more than likely be top 4 and not convey, so you'll get a late first from Miami. LAC and Nuggets picks are about as exciting as LA and MIL, Houston in 2024 is top 4 protected and is really the only exciting one... a lot can change in the NBA quickly but its not like they have Houstons unprotected first next year or anything.

Houston’s a 50/50 shot at us getting this year. Thats like pick 5 in a loaded draft with our GM that’s a 50/50 shot at another star. If we win the lottery get the hometown kid and get that Houston pick we’re going to be in an all time great position in terms of being set up for the future. The pelicans are good but they’re competing with the rest.

Just now, Kirill said:

Houston’s a 50/50 shot at us getting this year. Thats like pick 5 in a loaded draft with our GM that’s a 50/50 shot at another star. If we win the lottery get the hometown kid and get that Houston pick we’re going to be in an all time great position in terms of being set up for the future. The pelicans are good but they’re competing with the rest.

I mean, its 52/48. Chances are that Houston remains in the top 4. You'd need a lot to go right. Pelicans are set up FAR better than OKC currently, it's really not even close and I'm not even really sure why we're debating it?

11 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean, its 52/48. Chances are that Houston remains in the top 4. You'd need a lot to go right. Pelicans are set up FAR better than OKC currently, it's really not even close and I'm not even really sure why we're debating it?

Idk either but okc is also tanking next year I know that.

Think back to when we drafted kd Russ and harden back to back. We’re about to do it again and we already got one of those guys in SGA. And the more I’ve learned about SGA he seems like the perfect guy to be a few years older than the rest of the group. Dudes a straight baller well respected and doesn’t force anything.

when you look at OKC’s future you’re penciling in at least one top 5 pick this year and next. There is a master plan.

Edited by Kirill

17 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

BI signed a max, so we know what his future is. Hart has been a good role player, wasn't really expected to do much more than that. NBA changes so quickly, they've got some nice assets. 

I'm aware. There was rumors circulating that BI wanted out though.

18 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Idk either but okc is also tanking next year I know that.

Think back to when we drafted kd Russ and harden back to back. We’re about to do it again and we already got one of those guys in SGA. And the more I’ve learned about SGA he seems like the perfect guy to be a few years older than the rest of the group. Dudes a straight baller well respected and doesn’t force anything.

when you look at OKC’s future you’re penciling in at least one top 5 pick this year and next. There is a master plan.

I mean, that was literally the stars aligning lol. SGA is a good #3 guy but out performing your talent this year is going to hurt.

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Ingram/Zion. Doesn't change that I'd take SGA over Ingram without a second thought.

SGA is the truth for sure. If OKC gets lucky in the draft lottery they'll have some pieces. Like in a dream case scenario they'd land the #1 and #5 picks and then take Cade Cunningham and Jonathan Kuminga. 

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Eh alright, good #2. He doesn't get enough flack for how much his defense fell off this year.

Tends to happen when the team around you gets torn apart and the front office essentially admits it wants to lose.

He's a stud.