NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

7 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Confused, they mention 2016 WCF but bring up Raymond Felton and Matthews lol. Nonetheless it’s just a silly theory, but it’s Twitter so no surprise there 

They said "he was selling that entire run" in that tweet and the first round was against the Mavs with Felton/Matthews.

Durant shot 36.8% from the field and 26.8% from 3PT that series.

Like he went from a true shooting of 63%, 57.4%, and 57% his previous 3 playoffs in OKC to 54.2% in that 2015-16 playoffs and then just went right back up to 68.3%, 60.6%, and 66.1% his next 3 playoffs with GS. That isn't fishy at all? His only playoffs that was worse was his very first with OKC at 21 years old and that was only a 1 series sample size where he lost to Kobe and the Lakers who were the reigning champs that would go on to win back to back.

I'd be inclined to believe OKC fans who were more in tune to what was going on with him and that team that year. They knew the writing was on the wall before he ever left. He obviously didn't wanna be there anymore with Russ and I highly doubt he wanted to face LeBron in the Finals. Would've looked even worse if he beat the Warriors, then joined them. Either way it was always gonna look bad and still looks bad to this day.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

6 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

You’re under the impression that this scrutiny he gets actually bothers him. Like people talk about how he’s sensitive and soft yet goes out on the court that and dominates. Him clapping back on social media seems like a way bigger issue to fans than to himself which is so strange. 

It does. You're a stan if you think it doesn't otherwise he wouldn't respond. He's tissue soft with his perception. Dude's been caught using burners. C'mon man. I know you're a homer but get real.

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It does. You're a stan if you think it doesn't otherwise he wouldn't respond. He's tissue soft with his perception. Dude's been caught using burners. C'mon man. I know you're a homer but get real.

A Stan? Goodness gracious. Like I said, if it really bothers him the way you all seem to think then he wouldn’t be the force he is on the court. I just don’t choose try psychoanalyse him from a freakin Twitter account lol. People think Twitter is real life lmao.

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

They said "he was selling that entire run" in that tweet and the first round was against the Mavs with Felton/Matthews.

Durant shot 36.8% from the field and 26.8% from 3PT that series.

Like he went from a true shooting of 63%, 57.4%, and 57% his previous 3 playoffs in OKC to 54.2% in that 2015-16 playoffs and then just went right back up to 68.3%, 60.6%, and 66.1% his next 3 playoffs with GS. That isn't fishy at all? His only playoffs that was worse was his very first with OKC at 21 years old and that was only a 1 series sample size where he lost to Kobe and the Lakers who were the reigning champs that would go on to win back to back.

I'd be inclined to believe OKC fans who were more in tune to what was going on with him and that team that year. They knew the writing was on the wall before he ever left. He obviously didn't wanna be there anymore with Russ and I highly doubt he wanted to face LeBron in the Finals. Would've looked even worse if he beat the Warriors, then joined them. Either way it was always gonna look bad and still looks bad to this day.

If he was selling that entire run, they wouldn’t have beaten the Spurs where he had a  60% TS and they wouldn’t have been 3-1 up vs Warriors. Makes no sense. 

7 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

A Stan? Goodness gracious. Like I said, if it really bothers him the way you all seem to think then he wouldn’t be the force he is on the court. I just don’t choose try psychoanalyse him from a freakin Twitter account lol. People think Twitter is real life lmao.

Yes, a stan. You do it for Kyrie and now you're doing it for KD. A player's personality has nothing to do with who they are on the court. It's easily separated. Durant has flat out proven he cares otherwise he wouldn't have interacted on burner accounts. But, yes, we're just "psychoanalyzing" him. If he "didn't care" he wouldn't have used burners to protect himself. Once his burners were exposed, then he finally started interacting with people on his real account. He obviously cares and anyone that says otherwise is ******* naive.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

His ability as a basketball player has nothing to do with who he is as a person. If you can't separate the sport from the athlete, that's your problem. He's human and he has loads of internet squabbles to prove that he cares, otherwise why would he even interact/create burners/give them the time of day? He's a sensitive person. It's fine, **** happens. My QB is the most sensitive clown on the planet. You don't see me blindly defending him because "if he cared, he wouldn't be a killer on the field." lol

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yes, a stan. You do it for Kyrie and now you're doing it for KD. A player's personality has nothing to do with who they are on the court. It's easily separated. Durant has flat out proven he cares otherwise he wouldn't have interacted on burner accounts. But, yes, we're just "psychoanalyzing" him. If he "didn't care" he wouldn't have used burners to protect himself. Once his burners were exposed, then he finally started interacting with people on his real account. He obviously cares and anyone that says otherwise is ******* naive.

Loool grow up. Kyrie and KD ain’t the only ones I defend. And I’ve been “defending” KD even when he was in GS. So don’t try and make it seem like I’m defending him because he plays for my team. I also have defended PG too. 

And no it’s not easily separated it’s why you’ve heard a number of players come out and talk about the effects of social media or depression they have gotten through.

He has millions of followers and tweets. Yet we focus on the clap backs and not his positive interaction with fans. Because in your blurred mind you think all he does all day is interact with trolls and not with the genuine fans. He doesn’t care nearly the way y’all think, at least now. It’s funny man. Why do heck people care about what he tweets n ****? Y’all ain’t got anything better to do than focus on his tweets?

7 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Loool grow up. Kyrie and KD ain’t the only ones I defend. And I’ve been “defending” KD even when he was in GS. So don’t try and make it seem like I’m defending him because he plays for my team. I also have defended PG too. 

And no it’s not easily separated it’s why you’ve heard a number of players come out and talk about the effects of social media or depression they have gotten through.

He has millions of followers and tweets. Yet we focus on the clap backs and not his positive interaction with fans. Because in your blurred mind you think all he does all day is interact with trolls and not with the genuine fans. He doesn’t care nearly the way y’all think, at least now. It’s funny man. Why do heck people care about what he tweets n ****? Y’all ain’t got anything better to do than focus on his tweets?

Lol slurp that KD **** some more why don't you? How far down til you gag?

People don't disregard the positive because they see the negative. Nobody slams Kyrie for the humanitarian work he does, they slam him for the fake intellectual nonsense that he tries to pull. That's ******* life. Kyrie ain't getting caught with burners tho. KD is a sensitive person. That's not even arguable. This dude's hair looks like someone hits the top of his head with pepper before games. He's stressing the **** out no question. 

You're just naive as **** as far as I'm concerned. You can embrace the positive all you want but the positive doesn't take away the facts that come fr the negative perceptions. That's life. Learn it. 

12 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

That's a weird stance to take since you're complaining on the internet about it...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Lol slurp that KD **** some more why don't you? How far down til you gag?

People don't disregard the positive because they see the negative. Nobody slams Kyrie for the humanitarian work he does, they slam him for the fake intellectual nonsense that he tries to pull. That's ******* life. Kyrie ain't getting caught with burners tho. KD is a sensitive person. That's not even arguable. This dude's hair looks like someone hits the top of his head with pepper before games. He's stressing the **** out no question. 

You're just naive as **** as far as I'm concerned. You can embrace the positive all you want but the positive doesn't take away the facts that come fr the negative perceptions. That's life. Learn it. 

Childish. “People don’t disregard the positive because they see the negative”. Wtf lmao? Do you realise what you just even said? 

Better to keep quiet and let people think you’re stupid than to speak and prove people right.

lol I’m done here.

19 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's a weird stance to take since you're complaining on the internet about it...

How am I complaining or focussing on his tweets? I couldnt care less what he tweets. I’m just arguing against logic that’s being thrown around here, or lack thereof.

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

How am I complaining or focussing on his tweets? I couldnt care less what he tweets. I’m just arguing against logic that’s being thrown around here, or lack thereof.

You're arguing and complaining about what other people are posting on the internet...while criticizing us for arguing and complaining about what someone posts on the internet.

13 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Childish. “People don’t disregard the positive because they see the negative”. Wtf lmao? Do you realise what you just even said? 

Better to keep quiet and let people think you’re stupid than to speak and prove people right.

lol I’m done here.

Lol I love people that pretend to be smart online. 

If you can't decipher that phrase, you're nowhere near as smart as you think you are. 

And you know when you have no argument? When you pick one portion of the entire thing and run with it. It's called context. Learn it. 

Edited by beekay414